EWB GOTY 2013 - The Results

Plubby

I thought that because I voted for it with number one and if we me being a perfect barometer of EWB's tastes...

I think we can agree that when we agree on something, it's inarguably correct.

• Like 1

Have I mentioned that chess is a sport today?

I actually appreciate your taste in chess. I have a couple books, mostly unread, on how to play chess sitting next to my PS3.

He means "Sitting under" - they're used to stop the PS3 scratching his cabinet/desk.

250px-Grand_Theft_Auto_V.png

Grand Theft Auto V

First released: September 17 2013

On: PS3, Xbox 360

Weighted Score: 1825.3333

27 Nominations, 8.2222 Points per Vote.

On the strength of an insurmountable "nigga"-per-minute ratio and the infallible character Chop, A gargantuan gaming franchise takes this out by a simply gargantuan margin. Having doubled up on #2 is fairly significant. And let's hear about the latest installment by two EWB'ers of gargantuan...rep.

EWB TALKS:

So why did I vote GTAV number 1 this year and not my usual arty-farty high concept game with a female protagonist? Part of me didn't want to. It's so cliche, the series is such a "boring" juggernaut dragging the Daily Mail, Fox News and 15 year old boys in its path. The problem is, despite myself, it won me over. It's just a spectacularly put together game. It's now a grown up, but not in the pipes and slippers hipster styling of GTA IV, it's still silly enough but it offers so much now to gamers of all ages. The world sucks you in, I've found myself just pulling my motorbike over in the hills and watching the sun set. I actually gasped at the wonderful winding and hilly "driving road" I found. Cutting between characters actually adds, heists actually add, the smaller yokel towns actually add. It's as close to living and breathing as you could want while still being stupidly enjoyable.

But that arty-farty part of me still hates myself for loving it so much.

CSAMH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbqVg_23otg

Your argument is invalid.

- GoGo

Next time: Our real winner, Papers Please!

(Not really. Lawl, TEOL.)

• Like 3