EWB GOTY 2013 - The Results

Plubby

2DS is only £100. Pick it up.

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Games/3DS-DS/Nintendo-2DS-Console-White-Red-With-Pokemon-X/product.html?product=E11313446&med=aff&esrc=phg&aid=drytinder&cmp=301250

£100 with Pokemon included!

Go oooooon!

And Pet Shop Boys are terrible, Mystique had the best song on the pop station.

• Like 1

Funny* story: In the time since I said I was saving for a car one of my closest friends asked me for £180 because they got themselves in trouble with a loan shark. If not for that I would have taken up that £100 2DS/Pokémon offer, could have even used some Nectar points to lower it :(. But then again it's probably much better than if I'd seen that offer before she called me.

*Funny for others, very unfunny for me and her.

Assassin%27s_Creed_IV_-_Black_Flag_cover

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

First released: October 29 2013

On: PS3/4, XBOX 360/One, Wii U, PC (Available on Steam)

Weighted Score:

9 Nominations, 6.7778 Points per Vote.

Underwhelming by most accounts, Assassin's Creed III left the franchise with some work to do to maintain its fanbase. All this despite the 'MURICA plotline. Enter ACIV, and going to one of the three reliable themes of gaming and the internet (Zombies and Ninjas being the other two). Being a pirate - and an Assassin - would put the smile on any 12 year old or any gamer living vicariously through their inner 12-year-old. Good critic reviews meet good EWB reviews and leave Assassin's Creed IV knocking on the door of our top 5.

Next time: Another Big Daddy of a franchise kicks off our top 5!

I like Assassins Creed 4. I never got round to finishing it actually - the long boat trips made doing the missions a bit wearisome. I like games that look nice. Bright colours and stuff. It was good for that. Lovely blue sea most of the time.

Really? I've found that, so far, I like the sandbox gaming on the ocean more then the story itself. I just go around attacking other ships and everything. I've kinda forgotten the story is even a thing

I didn't mind the sailing bits. Didn't feel like it ever really took too long to get to a place for me. I actually haven't played it in a while, mainly because I'm doing stuff through Gamefly. I was also put off a bit once I ran into people in Manhunt who would just camp around you throwing smoke bombs and stuff to continually stun you.

Official_cover_art_for_Bioshock_Infinite

Bioshock Infinite

First released: March 26 2013

On: PS3, XBOX 360, PC (Available on Steam)

Weighted Score:

12 Nominations, 7.0833 Points per Vote.

This is a game that really creeped up the ratings on me. At first it didn't look like it was polling well, then I sorted the list and ZOOM~! Right to the top 5. This game comes among the top-critic-reviewed games in the countdown so it stands to reason that it has earned such a lofty ranking from us, because we know games. Bioshock Infinite looks to sharply contrast some of the previous gameplay styles and physical settings from previous Bioshock installments while simultaneously maintaining a familiar Bioshock feel.

Next time: You all knew you'd be seeing this*, but did you have it here?

I got Bioshock on my PC but I can't play it because the terrible FOV makes me motion sick as all hell :(

Good thing you're playing on the only console that can actually alter the FOV, then. >_>

Bioshock Infinite was okay. Combat was boring which didn't make it a great game, but the story was good. Not as great as the first Bioshock.