Euro 2016 qualifiers

Lineker

Yeah, Gibraltar definitely seem to be better than San Marino. San Marino dream of results like a 0-0 with Slovakia.

Be a laugh if they beat Scotland in qualifying or something.

Would anyone be surprised? Honestly?

Time to make some wildly early predictions methinks.

Group A: Netherlands, Kazakhstan, Iceland, Latvia, Turkey, Czech Republic
Group B: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Andorra, Cyprus, Wales, Israel, Belgium
Group C: Spain, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Belarus, Slovakia, Ukraine
Group D: Germany, Gibraltar, Georgia, Scotland, Poland, Republic of Ireland
Group E: England, San Marino, Lithuania, Estonia, Slovenia, Switzerland
Group F: Greece, Faroe Islands, Northern Ireland, Finland, Romania, Hungary
Group G: Russia, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Montenegro, Austria, Sweden
Group H: Italy, Malta, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Norway, Croatia
Group I: Portugal, Albania, Armenia, Serbia, Denmark (plus France)

Group A: Netherlands, Kazakhstan, Iceland, Latvia, Turkey, Czech Republic.
Netherlands to boss the group as you'd expect. Czech Republic to be surprisingly comfortable in second place after Turkey drop points to Iceland, and possibly Latvia. Turkey to squeak 3rd from Iceland.
Group B: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Andorra, Cyprus, Wales, Israel, Belgium

Belgium and Bosnia will have an absolute dogfight for first, with Belgium standing triumphant. Wales to pip Israel to 3rd.

Group C: Spain, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Belarus, Slovakia, Ukraine

Spain to win every game in qualifying. Ukraine threaten to throw away second, but secure it after Macedonia, Belarus and Slovakia take too many points off each other. Belarus to find some consistency and nick 3rd.

Group D: Germany, Gibraltar, Georgia, Scotland, Poland, Republic of Ireland

Gibraltar to win the group... what? :shifty: . Germany to breeze the group, but to drop a draws once they've qualified. RoI to come second. Poland to pip Scotland to 3rd, but maybe a point. Gibraltar finish above Georgia.

Group E: England, San Marino, Lithuania, Estonia, Slovenia, Switzerland

England 1st, Switzerland 2nd, Slovenia 3rd - though I'd love Estonia to nick that spot.

Group F: Greece, Faroe Islands, Northern Ireland, Finland, Romania, Hungary

A fantastically (potentially) open group this. Greece and Romania are traditionally really strong in qualifiers, Hungary would be if they were more consistent, and both NI and Finland can beat anyone on their day. Greece won out in the World Cup qaulifiers against Romania, so I'll go with them 1st. Romania 2nd. 3rd is a though one, but I'll go with Finland to build on the good performances that lead them to results such as the 1-1 draw in Spain in the WCQ.

Group G: Russia, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Montenegro, Austria, Sweden

If Sweden don't make any silly mistakes, I see them taking this from Russia. Montenegro to finish 3rd ahead of Austria.

Group H: Italy, Malta, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Norway, Croatia

Croatia to score the slight upset and win the group. Italy to come second despite losing the least amount of games (they will draw more). Norway for 3rd.

Group I: Portugal, Albania, Armenia, Serbia, Denmark (plus France)
A tough group for everyone really - Albania and Armenia are blatantly two of the best lower seed teams around. Portugal 1st from Denmark. Serbia to have a howler and Albania to nick 3rd and a playoff spot.

So that's...

Netherlands, Czech Republic, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Spain, Ukraine, Germany, Republic of Ireland, England, Switzerland, Greece, Romania, Sweden, Russia, Croatia, Italy, Portugal, Denmark, and Poland (as best 3rd place team) to qualify automatically.

Turkey, Wales, Belarus, Slovenia, Finland, Montenengro, Norway and Albania to the play-off stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't know where else to post this...

Wales lead (in a Friendly against Iceland)! Collins headed in a Bale free kick. Bale has been on fire up to now. We'd be so fucked without him.

Edit: And it's 1-1. I have no confidence in this defence at all.

Yeah you guys really are a one man team. As much as I can't stand the ugly diving fuck I wish we had even one player as good as him.

Robson-Kanu has played well tonight, and Huws has done ok on his debut - still got Ramsey and Ledley to come back too.

I know what you're saying though - without Bale the creativity wouldn't be there.

If Coleman gets really lucky with injuries during the qualifiers, I don't see why we can't finish 3rd behind Belgium and Bosnia and force a playoff.

• 5 months later...

The first matches are a little over a fortnight away, and we open with probably our toughest game - away to Switzerland. Who do we think makes the squad?

The first matches are a little over a fortnight away, and we open with probably our toughest game - away to Switzerland. Who do we think makes the squad?

Can't overlook the Premier League's top scorer, Saido Berahino.