Brooklyn Nine-Nine

livid

Disappointed Nine-Nine won't go to a fitting 9 seasons. But 153 adds up to 9 so there's that at least.

Look forward to the final 10 episodes, though it'll definitely be bittersweet. Love everyone associated with this show.

Yeah, I know the show has handled serious issues fairly well in the past, but after this past summer I don’t think stomach any show that positions police as the good guys. It’s hard to see this season working for me in a way that doesn’t involve everyone quitting the force.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

August 12th seems like an odd time to premiere the final season of a network TV show (if they do all 10 episodes in a row it'll be done by mid-October, so hopefully they can get one more Halloween Heist out of it), but nonetheless amped up for this.

• Like 2

On 23/05/2021 at 02:04, CobraKaiEnTai said:

August 12th seems like an odd time to premiere the final season of a network TV show (if they do all 10 episodes in a row it'll be done by mid-October, so hopefully they can get one more Halloween Heist out of it), but nonetheless amped up for this.

It won't last that long because each week will premiere 2 episodes. They'll be done by late September. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Definitely forgot this had started.  First two episodes were last week.

The first one was really deep.  Touched on pretty much every major issue surrounding race relations and police corruptness in a single episode.

Second episode was comparatively far more light-hearted fare as they did an episode completely removed from policing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Buschie Kay said:

Definitely forgot this had started.  First two episodes were last week.

The first one was really deep.  Touched on pretty much every major issue surrounding race relations and police corruptness in a single episode.

Second episode was comparatively far more light-hearted fare as they did an episode completely removed from policing.

Yeah the dynamic of the first two episodes was basically how I expected the season to go. They're going to mention everything that's gone on and then do as much as possible to make the episodes focus on the characters and their antics. It might come back around to the themes of episode one as the series closes, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's very little policing left in the show.

Episode one felt like it was overtly saying "this is why everything is so fucked up and this little comedy show isn't going to change the world"

• 3 weeks later...

Only two more episodes to go. :( Which strangely will air on the 16th apparently because of football next week.

So they aren't even going to end the show on 9/9? Come on! It was right there! 

On 03/09/2021 at 00:56, CobraKaiEnTai said:

Only two more episodes to go. :( Which strangely will air on the 16th apparently because of football next week.

So they aren't even end the show on 9/9? Come on! It was right there! 

That would have been my birthday :(

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to miss it, but I understand why it has to go now.  Short of that idea someone had where they randomly have the whole series set in another municipal office with no explanation, can't really keep a cop show going no matter how well they've tried to tackle some of the issues this year.

Definitely will be a series I rewatch again before long.

That was great, not disappointed in the least with how it played out, but definitely gonna miss this show, one of the few non-animated/non-wrestling-related shows I've had time to watch in the past few years.

Spoilers within.....

Spoiler

So glad Gina and Pimento among others came back and they did one last heist. 

Nine-Nine! 

• Like 2

I think its pretty fun for the most part. If you're used to binge watching it, it should be pretty easy to get through. I'm used to just watching one episode a week, so them doing two a week threw me off a little and with only 10 episodes (well 9 technically, since the last "2" are basically just one long final episode), so some things did seem a bit rushed at times. But still enjoyable. 

I was definitely skeptical when the show started as I didn't think we needed a cop comedy, as much as I trusted Schur and Goor to make a funny show and knew they were coming into this from the place of "we watched a ton of Barney Miller when we were kids". This show did more to tackle issues with policing in its run (even before this season) than all the copaganda shows combined. 

But great cast, great writing, etc made this one of the funniest shows I've ever watched. Final season closed out well I felt, and showing that it's not just the unionized officers who are a problem was smart (and brave creatively since it framed our favorite characters as part of the overall problem). 

Final episode was fantastic. I don't feel like the show ended prematurely and season 8 was always a logical ending season, especially after it was cancelled in season 5.  Getting 3 extra seasons out of it is quite the accomplishment. 

Looking forward to what Dan Goor does next.

• Like 3

On 03/09/2021 at 02:56, CobraKaiEnTai said:

So they aren't even going to end the show on 9/9? Come on! It was right there! 

Going back to this, as cool as it would’ve been to end on 9/9....there’s a nice coincidence that the show debuted September 17, 2013 and ended September 16, 2021.  Eight years.  What a run.

I’ll miss the show but don’t feel cheated like I did when it was cancelled after five seasons.

The finale was perfect.

• Like 2

I still haven't watched this season yet but I personally felt like the ending on Fox was a perfectly fine endpoint. It was Jake and Amy's wedding right? That would have been fine to go out on. Don't get me wrong I'm glad these NBC seasons got made but I like the wedding endpoint. Maybe I didn't back then? Not sure and not going to go back and check :P But if anything I was probably bitter that Fox cancelled another show I liked rather than thinking it was a bad spot to end

• 2 weeks later...

I was a bit on the fence after the first six episodes, but the last four were all right on point and near its best. Finale stuff below.

Spoiler

The finale was great, the only thing I'd change is having it end at the elevator closing with a "99!" shout rather than the added on scene of them reuniting. I was getting ready to hate on Gina's unsurprising return, but she wasn't as bad as usual thankfully. The Rosa/Amy conversation set me up, but the Holt/Jake conversation got the tears coming.

Definitely in my top 2 comedies of all time, along with Parks & Rec.