Brooklyn Nine-Nine

livid

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm kinda disappointed by how they treated Debbie, it feels like they were more interested in the big shock of her stealing from the evidence room which pulled the rug out from everything she'd been involved with before.

She was so much fun in the first episode, and I'm left feeling her entire arc was pretty much a missed opportunity for a new supporing character.

14 hours ago, Chris2K said:

I'm kinda disappointed by how they treated Debbie, it feels like they were more interested in the big shock of her stealing from the evidence room which pulled the rug out from everything she'd been involved with before.

She was so much fun in the first episode, and I'm left feeling her entire arc was pretty much a missed opportunity for a new supporing character.

I think there was potential to have her there for longer, maybe even all season, with the finale being her drug stealing escapade. She was funny as the pedometer loving nobody but she really hit her mark when she became machine gun totin', cocaine snortin' Debbie. I just think it would've been a bigger gut punch if she did that after being a supporting cast member for longer.

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Josh Mulaney said:

I’m still curious what they’ll do about the show being about cops. Continuing the show while keeping it responsible AND funny is...well, that’s a very, very small target to hit.

One of the beauties of the show being a comedy is they've been able to tackle some of the issues within the police force that all of the "serious" police shows sweep under the rug.  Off the top of my mind I remember an episode where Terry talks about how he was going for a walk off-duty and had an officer pull a gun at him because he assumed a black man has no business being in a nice neighborhood.  Multiple plotlines surrounding corruption within the force, etc.

I know shows around cops are always dicey but I have faith they'll wrap things up in a tactful way.  Not surprised this is the end of the road, though.

Yeah, I think it is coming to a natural conclusion. Still doesn't diminish the fact I'm gutted! I think this is my favourite sitcom, a truly hilarious, heartwarming and inspirational show that has been a source of great solace for me at many times over the past few years.