The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

• Admin
Southampton have confirmed the signing of Inter Milan midfielder Saphir Taider, with club-record signing Dani Osvaldo going the other way. Taider, 22, who played 25 times in Serie A last season, joins on a season-long loan. Both transfers have options in place for a permanent move next summer.
Queens Park Rangers have signed Juventus defender Mauricio Isla on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent transfer.

Nottingham Forest have completed the signing of Peterborough United striker Britt Assombalonga for a club-record fee of around £5.5m. The 21-year-old has signed a five-year contract after passing a medical. Can't believe Watford ever let him go.
Blackpool have signed former Nottingham Forest striker Ishmael Miller on a permanent deal and Everton midfielder John Lundstram on a season-long loan.
Nottingham Forest have signed winger Michail Antonio from Sheffield Wednesday for a fee of around £1.5m.
MK Dons have signed midfielder Samir Carruthers from Aston Villa for an undisclosed fee, following his loan spell at the club last season.
Huddersfield Town have signed Liverpool midfielder Conor Coady on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee, believed to be around £375,000.
Spanish forward Ruben Rochina has left Blackburn Rovers to join Granada on a four-year contract.
Leeds United have signed Peterborough United striker Nicky Ajose on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
Norwich City have signed free-agent midfielder Gary O'Neil on a two-year deal following his release by Queens Park Rangers at the end of last season.
France midfielder Mathieu Valbuena has joined Dynamo Moscow from Marseille in a reported £6m deal.
Karim Benzema has ended speculation over his future after agreeing a contract extension with Real Madrid, keeping him at the Bernabeu until 2019.
Yacouba Sylla has joined Turkish club Kayseri Erciyesspor on a season-long loan, subject to international clearance and Chelsea's Nigeria defender Kenneth Omeruo has joined Middlesbrough on loan for the season - although I think these two were already announced a while ago?
Sky Sports understands Chico Flores is on the verge of leaving Swansea to join former boss Michael Laudrup at Qatari club Lekhwiya.

Is he the stupidly quick right back (iirc) who came on as a substitute in the Belgium game and was up and down the wing for the next 90 minutes?

Yes.

Is he the stupidly quick right back (iirc) who came on as a substitute in the Belgium game and was up and down the wing for the next 90 minutes?

Yes.

I liked the look of him, but could be just pacey with limited anything else.

Taylor Twellman said earlier today that Spurs are now in the lead to sign Sounders/USA right back DeAndre Yedlin.

Yes, please. He was great at the WC, sure, but any time I see the Sounders play, I'm impressed. Plus you know those crosses hitting any of Adebayor/Soldado/Kane should mean more goals.

Is Twellman actually a good source of reliable information, though?

On USMNT-related players, yeah, his track record is actually pretty good. None of this means it's a DONE DEAL or anything but it does reveal that Spurs are interested in Yedlin, which was news to pretty much everyone today.

• Admin
Manchester United have moved back in front of Barcelona in the chase to sign Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen. Barcelona looked to have taken pole position in the race to sign the 28-year-old Belgium international on Tuesday when they made a bid of £10million for the player. However, Sky sources have revealed that United are Vermaelen’s preferred destination and the Old Trafford club will have no problem matching or beating Barca’s offer.

Small flutter of reports that Newcastle have agreed a fee that could rise to £15mil for Alexandre Lacazette.

I'll believe it when I see it but if Ashely manages to pull this deal off along with the two lads from Forrest it'll have been a very happy, unexpected summer of transfers!

• Like 1

Chadli being involved in a move for Depay is probably a good thing. They'd be competing for that position anyway. Chadli was decent enough and could do a job. Depay is a gamble but is a handful of years younger and might become rather exciting.

Yeah, I like Depay, and I think he'd be a much needed left sided signing. Though, I'd back Chadli to better this year if he does stay. I've seen either like 9 mil plus Chadli, or around 15 mil for Depay. I'd be happy with either.

Small flutter of reports that Newcastle have agreed a fee that could rise to £15mil for Alexandre Lacazette.

I'll believe it when I see it but if Ashely manages to pull this deal off along with the two lads from Forrest it'll have been a very happy, unexpected summer of transfers!

It would be 15mil and Ben Arfa going on loan to Lyon until the end of the season. Which, in my opinion, makes it even better business.

Edited by RafaelFms

Falcao to Liverpool...trending worldwide.

Source seems to be these tweets:

I've seen nothing from any journalists who usually cover Liverpool on it yet.