The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

It's amazing how well Atletico do with replacing their strikers. Just always seem to have a top striker that they sell on and then replace with another really good striker and it's just a constant loop. Torres, Aguero, Forlan, Falcao, Costa. Actually quite intrigued to see who they'll have there next season, I'd assume it'll be that Jackson Martinez.

Why isn't Liverpool going in for Shaw? Certainly not because the squad is set for LB, we had to get a loanee for the squad this season; and Flanagan is although good is really a natural RB. I'm guessing the cost? Or perhaps the need for better defensive options in CB or DM.

Yes, I think they're just not in a position to want to spend £25m on a left back. Could also be that they've enquired and he's just decided he wants to go to United or Chelsea.

Presumably they're still a bit wary of the last time they spunked enormous sums on promising English talent.

Joe Allen and Jordan Henderson have worked out quite fine.

I don't know what you are talking about :shifty:

• Like 1

• Admin
Carlos Cuellar has revealed on Twitter that he is leaving Sunderland when his contract expires this summer.
Leroy Lita and David Ngog will not be offered new contracts by Swansea and become free agents while loan pair Roland Lamah and Alvaro Vazquez will not be returning to the club at the expiry of their deals. Jonathan de Guzman's loan deal from Villarreal has also expired but chairman Huw Jenkins confirmed they would be looking in to getting him back for a third spell with the club.

Miralem Pjanic has finalised his new contract with Roma, which seems him committed to the club until 2018.
Marco Reus has ruled out a summer move to Man Utd by insisting he is staying with Borussia Dortmund for next season.

Schalke midfielder Julian Draxler has reiterated his desire to stay at Schalke this summer. The 20-year-old has been a target for Arsenal over the past 12 months.

Mark Hughes has given up hope of Juan Agudelo joining Stoke after a second failed attempt to gain a work permit for the USA international. Hughes suggested the club will not be making any other non-EU signings in the near future.

Presumably they're still a bit wary of the last time they spunked enormous sums on promising English talent.

Joe Allen and Jordan Henderson have worked out quite fine.

I don't know what you are talking about :shifty:

He did say English. :shifty:

• Like 1

I'd rather see Liverpool try to bring in Ashley Cole on a free or grab Moreno (?) from Sevilla, just because it'll be cheaper. Left back is a need, but finding a center back is much more vital. I'd also like for us to grab a good defensive minded midfielder too, and play more of a 4-2-3-1, or as BR would say, "flip the triangle" in the 4-3-3. Only having Gerrard as a holding player is not going to work when we need to hold a lead, obviously. I'd love to try and get Alex Song back into the league, or one of the Bender's, but my sights might be set too high.

It'll be a great move, he's not the type of defender they need so he'll probably flop as bad as Chygrynskiy whilst taking up a huge wedge of their transfer budget.

Then again, if Barcelona are struggling by December it really wouldn't surprise me to see them given another transfer window to sort themselves out.

Dunno if the Luiz story is true, but if it is then we'd be effectively swapping out a player who's been 3rd choice CB or CM this season, for a player (Costa) who is presumably better than all our other strikers in what has been our problem position for a good while. Not bad.