The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

I like Lukaku...as a player...but the more he comes out in the press talking about how he needs to be guaranteed things and what a wonderful "complete striker" he is despite only being 21 (he's always sure to mention his age)... Christ, it's like a club that dares to even have one other good striker is not acceptable to him. That he should have to perform well in training to earn his spot? Heavens no!

Honestly can't recall another player who spent so much time talking shit rather than quietly getting on and actually doing something about it. It shows a weird lack of confidence in his own ability in that he doesn't appear to feel like he can force his way past any other player, yet there is this massive sense of entitlement too.

Rapidly losing my interest in keeping him around if it's just going to be him sulking around the dressing room with a chip on his shoulder every time he happens to start on the bench...

I like Lukaku...as a player...but the more he comes out in the press talking about how he needs to be guaranteed things and what a wonderful "complete striker" he is despite only being 21 (he's always sure to mention his age)... Christ, it's like a club that dares to even have one other good striker is not acceptable to him. That he should have to perform well in training to earn his spot? Heavens no!

Honestly can't recall another player who spent so much time talking shit rather than quietly getting on and actually doing something about it. It shows a weird lack of confidence in his own ability in that he doesn't appear to feel like he can force his way past any other player, yet there is this massive sense of entitlement too.

Rapidly losing my interest in keeping him around if it's just going to be him sulking around the dressing room with a chip on his shoulder every time he happens to start on the bench...

I'm mildly astonished that Fulham have £11m to spend on one player, post-relegation.

Maybe they just have their finances in better order than I assume. Or plan to ride their parachute payments straight back to the top flight.

It shows how far football has fallen that people get excited about the hairstyles of Olivier Giroud or Scott Parker. Wow! He's put a bit of Brylcreem on it!

It's not quite Carlos Valderrama. :/

:/

We'll happily take him off you hands! :P

11 million for Ross McCormack is absolutely insane. That must be the most expensive transfer between two Championship teams ever?

I was thinking that myself, fairly sure the previous record was Rhodes at £8m... What's even more mental is that apparently £8m of it is up front, only £3m is performance/promotion based. I thought Fulham were pretty fucked financially as well, they're clearly just going for broke knowing they need premier league money to survive.

Seems insane that we've got more for Ross than we did for Delph, Howson, Gradel, Snodgrass, Becchio and Beckford combined.

Seriously though, I honestly can't believe the McCormack fee. Leeds must be absolutely laughing. If they're smart, they could invest well in players and really make a push this season.

But that probably won't happen. :P