The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

I'd rather have Remy than Bendter....but I'd rather have had Mandzukic than Remy. But if he's only going to be backup for Giroud/Sanchez then I'm happy with that.

19 year old Croatian midfielder Mario Pasalic has signed for Chelsea with a 4 year deal from Hadjuk Split. As he is currently not eligible for an English work permit until next year (Croatia is now part of the EU but the UK exercised an option to delay granting free movement until 2015), he will go out on loan. Not necessarily to Vitesse, as there may be Bundesliga clubs interested.

Pasalic completed his first full senior season last year, scoring 11 goals in 36 appearances from central midfield with Hadjuk. He was part of the 30 man preliminary Croatia team for the World Cup after having represented the country at U21 level.

And Kurt Zouma is now training with the Chelsea team for the first time after being signed from/immediately loaned back to Saint Etienne last January.

Chelsea have also completed the signing of a new Serbian defender, going by the name of Beardislav Ivanovic:

BsHk6U5IIAAOCol.jpg

Terry just had to steal his thunder.

Back to the Evra news, kinda surprised we're letting him go, with Buttner already gone. If Shaw gets injured, we're fucked at LB.

It's ok, we're signing Janmaat, Blind, Hummels and Ramos soon.

Blind and Shaw? Both are good enough to warrant starting. Under this scenario, do we think Van Gaal will try the 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation he used for Holland in the WC? (Blind and Shaw interchanging at LCB/LWB?)

Really can't see us playing with 3 CB's. We currently have 3 CB's in the entire squad. It'll be a similar system to what you're used to seeing, I would expect.

The papers today seem to think we're interested in Swiss LB Ricardo Rodriguez as back up for Shaw.

Ricardo Rodriguez is better than Shaw and will probably cost £15-20mil. I highly doubt he'd be interested in playing 2nd fiddle to him considering he'd be likely be first choice at almost any other Premier League club.

• Like 1