The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

AS Roma have tweeted "Welcome to Rome, Ashley!" with a pic of Ashley Cole at the airport, so presumably that's pretty official then.

I never really pay attention to Serie A (other than to in recent times assume that "Juve are probably winning"), so whenever I have to guess where one of the 5 or 6 top Italian clubs is or has finished in the league...I always get it horribly wrong.

So FYI, Roma finished 2nd last year, not 7th as I originally guessed. :shifty:

Also: how the hell is Totti still playing

Liverpool are apparently close to a £35 million double deal that will see Divock Origi sign from Lille and Lazar Markovic come in from Benfica. Now, I'm aware that these two are highly rated young players but is that not a lot of money? I know very little about Markovic, but £25 million for a 20 year old with just one season at the top level under his belt seems a bit much. I suppose it helps that they have the Suarez money coming in mind.

I have to say I would be most delighted if Liverpool should go ahead and thoroughly 'Spurs up' their Suarez windfall.

Ayre played a blinder!

Origi will be going back to France on loan.

Liverpool are also still trying to get Sanchez as part of the Suarez deal.

Well the most persistent rumors are, Liverpool really want Sanchez, but Sanchez wants to go to Arsenal.

Liverpool are apparently close to a £35 million double deal that will see Divock Origi sign from Lille and Lazar Markovic come in from Benfica. Now, I'm aware that these two are highly rated young players but is that not a lot of money? I know very little about Markovic, but £25 million for a 20 year old with just one season at the top level under his belt seems a bit much. I suppose it helps that they have the Suarez money coming in mind.

I have to say I would be most delighted if Liverpool should go ahead and thoroughly 'Spurs up' their Suarez windfall.
Ayre played a blinder!

Origi will be going back to France on loan.

Liverpool are also still trying to get Sanchez as part of the Suarez deal.

We supposedly had a lot of money to spend this summer anyway before Suarez leaving became a thing. Least it's building up our squad depth from fuck all to some.

£10m seems a lot for a player that will apparently go back out on loan. Is Borini expected to stay for next season and add more depth, or is he being moved out?

Mirror is reporting that Jefferson Montero has been signed by Garry Monk for £4m, a good move if true. And on the Michu front, rumours say he's going to Napoli on loan, and £15m will make the move permanent.

TV revenue is giving English clubs a major cash boost - so that's gonna happen more and more as the years go on. Champions League money doubles as of next season as well I think. So it's going to keep happening.

£10m seems a lot for a player that will apparently go back out on loan. Is Borini expected to stay for next season and add more depth, or is he being moved out?

Mirror is reporting that Jefferson Montero has been signed by Garry Monk for £4m, a good move if true. And on the Michu front, rumours say he's going to Napoli on loan, and £15m will make the move permanent.

I'd rather us pay the money and loan him back out and play for a full season. The other option is pay the money, have him hardly play here at all. He gets the chance to develop for a year at a club he's familiar with and plays for.

Borini is meant to be staying this season, Sunderland were looking to buy him but we rejected that idea and there were rumours floating around before we got Lallana that he would be used to make up some of the deal. With Suarez going we would only have Sturridge and Lambert as our senior strikers, we struggled last season if Sturridge or Suarez needed to come off as they were our only two strikers really. I hope he gets some game time as I don't think he's a bad player. Got really good movement and he started to bang in the goals for Sunderland, his versatility should help him get extra minutes here. Could see him being shipped out next season tbh

Also I think Swansea are doing a wise thing with Michu. If he plays well for Napoli and its only a loan there's a chance to see if he is over his injury worries and bring him back for the following season or make a massive profit on him.

TV revenue is giving English clubs a major cash boost - so that's gonna happen more and more as the years go on. Champions League money doubles as of next season as well I think. So it's going to keep happening.

Well that's the thing, we made the most money last season for prize and TV revenue. Just shy of a 100mil, the fact that we are redeveloping the stadium rather than moving saves us some money and we are gaining new random sponsorship deals like Dunkin Donuts and Subway just gives us extra cash to spend on transfers. We can't get the revenue Man.U and Arsenal can get from their attendances so we have to find other ways in making money until the stadium expansion is complete

Edited by DavidMarrio

Apparently Arsenal have agreed a a fee of 34m with Barcelona for Alexis Sanchez.

Man City have agreed a 6m deal for Málaga's Willy Caballero.

Hull City is ready to snap up Dundee Utd's Andrew Robertson in a 2m+ deal.

Southampton are set to make an 8m offer for Cardiff's David Marshall.

Newcastle have revived their interest in signing Wilfried Zaha from Man Utd.