WWE 2k15

The Buscher

I hope they can put some sort of patch in for custom music. PatDaMan (in CAW form) needs either Pearl Jam or "Perfect Strangers" by Deep Purple.

PatDaMan is the franchise of CAWs.

I absolutely shamelessly stole the song from Shane Douglas for WWE 12, I think, and have used it ever since

Yeah, I hadn't watched that trailer there but having done so now, that's pretty damn cool. I'm confused by the fact that the custom faces are just you slapping what is essentially a logo on top. What happens when the face animates in Universe cut scenes or career mode or whatever?

But, of course, it does make you wonder how limited it'll be. Like, can you use that stuff online? How many on a model? How many different images can you have uploaded? Etc etc etc. Almost a shame that it is only 25 slots now, people will probably go wild making CAWs with that.

The thing that we keep pointing out, is that none of these features were cut. These features were never in the game to begin with. It's not that they "suck at new hardware". It's that they spent a year building a brand new game, and included the features that they felt were most essential to the gameplay experience. Over the year, they can only do so much.

It's a series, people are accustomed to certain features in the series, those features no longer being part of the series is a bummer. "They can only do so much!" well then maybe they need to stop releasing it every year? I know that'll never happen, but if the series is hindered by the fact that it has to come out every year, then it is a half-assed game, sorry, it just is. They're effectively admitting "this game isn't what it should be, but we gotta put it out, so buy it anyway, okay?"

If it's "hindered" it's "hindered" by the jump to an entirely new set of platforms. People want the game every year, so it's going to happen - and yeah, they made the way better call by focusing on what they could do and could do well instead of trying to smash everything in... which would have followed up with "everything looks like it was just pushed in so they said they could have it all in, they didn't really add anything new".

205qy9t.jpg

I mean, look at the Superstar Studio. They were able to put it in since they were working from the ground up and it's ten times more useful than Create A Finisher or anything of the sort. It's a feature that I have been dying for and it's going to save people a ton of time - not to mention what awesome stuff I can see people coming up with.

• Like 1

Can we have no more analagies please? Please?

2K is a contestant on RuPaul's Drag Race and girl did not turn it out this week.

I'm fierce queen RuPaul and I'm not impressed with 2K's offering for the Smackdown Series.

There is only one to know if 2K game is going to be headed home this week:

ru1.gif?w=830

• Like 5

The thing that we keep pointing out, is that none of these features were cut. These features were never in the game to begin with. It's not that they "suck at new hardware". It's that they spent a year building a brand new game, and included the features that they felt were most essential to the gameplay experience. Over the year, they can only do so much.

It's a series, people are accustomed to certain features in the series, those features no longer being part of the series is a bummer. "They can only do so much!" well then maybe they need to stop releasing it every year? I know that'll never happen, but if the series is hindered by the fact that it has to come out every year, then it is a half-assed game, sorry, it just is. They're effectively admitting "this game isn't what it should be, but we gotta put it out, so buy it anyway, okay?"

No, what they're doing is prioritising. Demand is such that there has to be a game every year, and because this time they've built an entirely new engine for the game, introduced a brand new career mode and revamped Universe with 800 unique storylines (and anyone who thinks that is worse than the clunky and bad create-a-storyline from last years game is clearly loco), they couldn't do everything everyone would've wanted.

It's a shame, but that doesn't make it a 'half-assed game' in the slightest. Just because something isn't as expansive as we'd like it to be, it doesn't make the game half-assed. It means that the development team has been realistic with what they can do now, in order to make a great game and a good foundation for what they can do in the future.

• Like 3

So glad I only spent a couple of bucks to get this from Redbox. The PS3 version is almost identical to '14.

The announcing has improved from deplorable to palatable (even as I type that, Cole announces that we have a new champion when Lesnar pins Cena to retain), but I feel like the bulk of the effort was put into the PS4/One versions.

I'm surprised to hear the commentary is ok, going by that gameplay clip a few pages back, once the match got started it just seemed to be a case of "Oooh!" "Wow!" and "Ouch!" every punch or suplex.