WWE 2k15

The Buscher

Everything I've read about the current gen consoles (specifically PS4 as that's what I have) suggests that there is a massive amount of space for content on the discs. I refuse to believe that the game can't support at least 50 CAW spots. 50 I'd have been perfectly fine with as that's what we had for years (100 CAWs last year being the one exception). I'd be willing to bet they bump the number up next year and use it as a selling point. I was struggling to understand the point of their download limit, and now it seems apparent that they didn't want people blowing their load with downloads in one day.

25 CAWs is the lowest we've had since...what, Just Bring It? Since then I know there was always enough spots to at least have a Rumble or something.

For my tastes, 25 CAWs doesn't get me the least bit interested. The out of box roster didn't bother me as I figured I'd have plenty of CAW spots to play with to get the roster as I wanted. 25 spots isn't even enough spots to update Ambrose, Rollins, and Stardust, download the few guys left out, and NXT. Nevermind downloading people from other companies. There were so many spots last year I had such a great time with Universe because I had damn near everybody from NXT, TNA, ROH, etc. and if I got bored with one roster I could just use the other roster. As far as I can tell you'd need to set up different gamer profiles to download more than 25 characters and that would likely mean purchasing online access for multiple accounts.

25 CAWs is fine for me. I used to download a whole bunch of guys just because I could, or they looked well made, but barely ever actually played as them anyway. Other than doing big silly Royal Rumbles, I doubt I'll even have 25 CAWs that I'll consistently want to play as.

• Like 6

Don't think I've ever actually used 25 CAW's or come close until the last game where I just started downloading them for the sake of it, to the extent I was downloading CAW's like Giant Baba and literally never using it so this doesn't really bother me in the slightest.

Don't really get the "refuse to believe they can't have more" attitude either really. Like I don't imagine they were sat there going "Let's LIMIT how many CAWs people can have for NO REASON, MUAHAHAHHAHAHA". There's obviously a reason for it rather than just some arbitrary decision. Have CAW's ever been used as a selling point? I highly doubt they'd increase the amount next year as a selling point when they've barely ever seemed to make much of a deal about CAW's in the build-up to the games anyway.

• Like 2

I've purchased the Showcase Season Pass from the store (EU), and nothing happens when I press 'Download.' This happen to anyone else? Am I missing something obvious?

I've purchased the Showcase Season Pass from the store (EU), and nothing happens when I press 'Download.' This happen to anyone else? Am I missing something obvious?

Maybe you have to select the showcases individually but their price will become nil after purchasing the pass?

The actual showcases aren't out yet; but I thought Paige included with the purchase as a Day 1 release.

And I also hoped for the accelerator to be included, but it appears not.

Since as its registered the purchase, I suppose thats all that counts.

Edited by Mesut timmozil

Have CAW's ever been used as a selling point? I highly doubt they'd increase the amount next year as a selling point when they've barely ever seemed to make much of a deal about CAW's in the build-up to the games anyway.

You won't see them talking about CAWs in commercials but they are very much a selling point to the hardcore gamers who are visiting gaming sites, message boards, connecting with 2K on social media, etc. There's a reason that there's always at least one detailed walkthrough put out each year solely on the creation options available in the game. There is a huge community of gamers who get replayability based on the ability to create and download a ton of wrestlers. I seem to remember the year they went to 50 THQ made sure to get that news out fairly early because they knew the community would like it.

Point is, don't be surprised if the number goes up next year especially with the outrage right now. They probably went into it targeting 25 and realized after finalizing the mode that they could fit more. I don't know anybody who works at 2K specifically but I do have a couple of friends who have worked for video game developers and it's an unfortunate truth with yearly title games. Sometimes you probably could have gotten something in but if it's not viewed as critical you can save it for the next year as an enhancement. This is the first full year 2K are at the helm, so it's possible they didn't really understand how pissed off people were going to get pissed off at 25 CAWs. For that reason I expect the number will go up to 40 or 50 next year.

I'm not saying 2K are trying to screw people either, I'm just disheartened. This was a day one buy but the CAW news is enough to get me to cancel those plans as they are a huge part of the replayability for me, personally. I can wait until next year to get a used copy and try it out in advance of a hopefully better 2k16.

I don't get this "I wouldn't have played as them anyway" that's not really the point, it's great to pad out a roster so you can be facing Maven or Ernest Miller even if you had no intention of playing as either of them.

It just adds depth if you're able to create jobbers and non-essential characters, what with changing Ambrose and Rollins that already cuts it down to 23 and it's very easy to burn through that once you've got your essential CAWs out of the way.

I probably wouldn't have had a problem with this if they didn't give us 100 slots last year, but it just feels weak to severely limit the amount of slots when it's based on hard drive space rather than disk space.

I don't get this "I wouldn't have played as them anyway" that's not really the point, it's great to pad out a roster so you can be facing Maven or Ernest Miller even if you had no intention of playing as either of them.

...Or maybe they don't want to download CAWs. I don't see why you don't get that logic. I don't like to use CAWs because I feel like their models just look off (I understand why) and pale in comparison to the in-game models.

• Like 4

It just adds depth if you're able to create jobbers and non-essential characters, what with changing Ambrose and Rollins that already cuts it down to 23 and it's very easy to burn through that once you've got your essential CAWs out of the way.

I probably wouldn't have had a problem with this if they didn't give us 100 slots last year, but it just feels weak to severely limit the amount of slots when it's based on hard drive space rather than disk space.

You still can 'pad out' your roster. 25 (even 23) is quite a lot when you consider the size of the in game roster.

They have no reason to lie about something like caw slots, so if storage capacity is the issue I'm sure that's the case. And I would rather they didnt take things out just to give us more caw slots.

75 extra caw slots, or the more detailed, in depth career mode we have been wanting since Smackdown 2? Tough choice.

• Like 2

Not really an issue to me at all. Woo, home stretch until release!

Sanity thy name is Apsham.

We should all know by now that the first edition of any game franchise on next Gen consoles is neutered to some degree, Weather it be those God awful first attempts at Madden on the 360/PS3 generation up to the gutted NHL 15 on this generation.

Other than losing admittedly a fair chunk of CAW slots were actually gaining features, It's the first WWE game I've actively been excited for in a long time.

Other than that don't be surprised if the community finds work arounds to the limit.

I'm not trying to suppress everyone's right to express themselves but take a breath before going to DEFCON 1.

75 extra caw slots, or the more detailed, in depth career mode we have been wanting since Smackdown 2? Tough choice.

It depends on how you play. Once they allowed a ton of customization of Universe in WWE 12 I played the hell out of it and have for the last few games. 50+ CAWs gave me the freedom to pretty much keep whoever I wanted on the roster and I had a ton of different promotions. Yes the branching storylines seldom came up and the game tended to book the same two guys against each other in the main event, but by WWE 12 you were able to edit the cards however you wanted. I always like to keep the entire current roster, but I always had enough room to have shows filled entirely with CAWs and stuff.

My Universe modes basically were SmackDown 2 to me - a never ending season but without waiting through 3 minutes of loading screens just to see that Scotty 2 Hotty has a message from Funaki. Universe is still around in this game but without the CAW space I doubt I'll be able to get the mileage out of it that I once did. Even stuff like the WCW DLC which I was excited for no longer has appeal since I wouldn't have room for much of a WCW roster. Sting was thought to be a selling point for me but really if he wrestles at WM 31 or something you know he'll be in the game again.

My Career sounds like it has some promise, but in year 1 there are bound to be issues. Like I said, I'll give the game a try in several months when I can buy used copies but for my own personal tastes I can't see myself buying it at a $60 price point when a big reason I played the game as long as I have the past few installments is gone. Especially since it's a pretty loaded November for games.

Edited by Bad News Busch

If the CAWs look more like in-game superstars, then 25 slots is alright for me. Would've like 50, but eh it's not like I ever played as the random Al Snow or Darren Young caws I downloaded on WWE 13 just to fill up the 50.

5 for in-game superstar updates

10 for NXT/WWE roster updates

10 for legends/others

I can just replace anyone I'm not using and re-download them again. If you want an extensive WCW/ECW/TNA/retro/Japan/original caw universe, then you're screwed, but thankfully that's not me.

Game looks really good for next-gen from what I've seen so far so I'm happy. Also new video on the improved creation suite is supposed to be coming today, hopefully it shows it in-depth.