WWE 2k15

The Buscher

I'm not talking in a graphics sense, I couldn't care less about how the game looked because I know it'll always look better on the current generation console. I'm talking from a game play stand point. I want to be able to have the same gaming experience on a PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 as I would on a PlayStation 4/Xbox One and I have a feeling that isn't happening with this game. Why make a completely different game on an older console than a new console? When knowing that most but not all people would still have the older console.

I'm so glad developers don't agree with you. We've been stuck in the last console generation for way too long. I guess there are always those that would prefer a faster horse...

I'm not talking in a graphics sense, I couldn't care less about how the game looked because I know it'll always look better on the current generation console. I'm talking from a game play stand point. I want to be able to have the same gaming experience on a PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 as I would on a PlayStation 4/Xbox One and I have a feeling that isn't happening with this game. Why make a completely different game on an older console than a new console? When knowing that most but not all people would still have the older console.

To try and sell the newer console? Simple logic.. it's business, they couldn't care less about you not wanting to, or not being able to upgrade, there's more money in current gen.

Yeah, fair point.

It's so much more noticeable this gen. Because PS2 sales were so strong when the PS3 came out I feel like they couldn't quite take that risk of shafting PS2 users but now it seems like they're willing to jump the shark and put all their eggs in the next gen.

It helps that when the last gen consoles came out they were ridiculously overpriced.

It's so much more noticeable this gen. Because PS2 sales were so strong when the PS3 came out I feel like they couldn't quite take that risk of shafting PS2 users but now it seems like they're willing to jump the shark and put all their eggs in the next gen.

Why wouldn't they? Next gen isn't something that could fail and cause people to go back to the PS3/360. It's here to stay, we're arguably in the last stages of transition now as well. Consoles are getting cheaper, the vast majority of those that're active gamers will already have made the jump. And those that haven't will probably make the jump soon, with the onslaught of new titles coming in November.

In more WWE2K15 related news; what the fuck were they thinking releasing the 360/PS3 versions first? Even if they weren't missing features, it was never going to be a good advertisement because 360 gameplay/screenshots will be people's first impression of the game.

I dunno about that, zero. Apparently two completely different teams worked on the different versions of the game and the last-gen team (clearly) was a lot smaller. The current-gen game is bound to be a lot more fleshed out and it won't just be an updated version of WWE 2K14, I hope.

How does Sting look in the game? I've seen footage of pretty much everyone but him, in both variations.

Well the graphics which were an issue on the last gen, so was the animations and some of the main features which are next gen exclusive.

I don't think this game will blow minds, but I think it'll be a big leap from the last gen counterpart.

You would hope so but you never know with these wrestling games lately.

I'll enjoy it but then again I've bought it every year if for nothing else a different roster, a few cool little features and new moves. Then again I'm easily pleased, decided to visit the IGN Boards and apparently the apocalypse just happened.

I'm with you. I've bought it every year for the roster update (even if it's minimal) and any extra features or modes that they might have put in. Unfortunately this game seems like a rental for me rather than a purchase.

Guaran-damn-tee the major issues with the core game are present in both versions.

I've been wondering if there's been any solid indication that the PS4/Xbox One versions will play differently to those on the last-gen systems, and that's the most important thing. We've heard about all the new animations and modes, but I'd be surprised if the in-ring action will be as significantly different as everyone seems to hope it will be.

Guaran-damn-tee the major issues with the core game are present in both versions.

I've been wondering if there's been any solid indication that the PS4/Xbox One versions will play differently to those on the last-gen systems, and that's the most important thing. We've heard about all the new animations and modes, but I'd be surprised if the in-ring action will be as significantly different as everyone seems to hope it will be.

Oh, I'm pretty sure they'll be different. WWE 2K15 on PS3 and Xbox 360 appear to play exactly the same as WWE 2K14 did. The footage from trailers, conventions, wherever... seem to definitely show that the game plays differently.

From the look of the game - at least from what I was able to glean from newLEGACYinc's release stream - it's decent enough. I don't have 2k14 anymore, and I'm only planning on getting 2k15 on 360 to hold me over 'til the PS4 version releases, so I don't really care all that much.

What was interesting though is a crackpot theory someone came up with that almost sounds kind of plausible: the old-gen version of 2k15 was intentionally kneecapped as a means to dissuade consumers from buying it (and thus allowing them to cut support earlier, as opposed to THQ keeping the franchise supported on the PS2 up through SvR 2011). Literally everything that's been announced that had some sort of fanfare or interesting reaction has been for the current-gen versions of the game with the exception of Who Got NXT, which is basically another take on the Attitude Era/30 Years of Mania/Showcase gameplay anyway.

Like I said, it sounds absolutely batshit, and it'd basically be 2K, WWE, and Yukes basically throwing away money and potentially customers... but it kinda makes sense. Or at least, I want it to make sense so I don't start thinking that the current-gen version is equally as gimped.

So you want either a) the last gen consoles to magically became as powerful and advanced as current gens or b) developers to make games worse than they could be so they are 'equal' to last gen versions?

No thanks.

• Like 1

I don't see why they could not have tried to push the last-gen versions to the limit rather than (from what it sounds like) just rehashing 2K14.

Its not a case of the last-gen being magically the same as current-gen its the fact that if you compare games from the start and end of a consoles life you can see a big difference, just look at games released during the first year of the PS2 and the last year, the hardware was capable at both points its just the devs pushing the titles to the limits.

I don't see why they could not have tried to push the last-gen versions to the limit rather than (from what it sounds like) just rehashing 2K14.

Its not a case of the last-gen being magically the same as current-gen its the fact that if you compare games from the start and end of a consoles life you can see a big difference, just look at games released during the first year of the PS2 and the last year, the hardware was capable at both points its just the devs pushing the titles to the limits.

They've already been pushing it to the limit for like two years now.

• Like 1

They've already been pushing it to the limit for like two years now.

Yeah, I think a lot of people tend to forget just how limited multi-platform developers were with the last generation of consoles given that the Xbox didn't use blu-rays. You either had to make a game that could push the Xbox's limits while missing the PS3's, or make a game that could push the PS3's but would take like three discs to play on the Xbox.