WWE 2k15

The Buscher

Ahahaha called it. The "mystery characters" that 2K were guarding so closely are Flair, Booker T, Nash, and a load of retro versions. Well Warrior too, cool to know he's available out of box instead of DLC.

Retro Jericho, the DEMON Kane, Orton, Del Rio, Batista, Bryan, Punk, Jericho. Shockingly no retro Triple H...surely his hair is worthy of it's own slot!!!

Anyway, even though feeling the need to have shit like retro Del Rio is comical, they still have virtually everybody important from the current roster.

Edited by Bad News Busch

So two versions of Del Rio, Jericho, Punk, Kane and Orton, do they need two versions?, besides Jericho I cannot justify having two seperate movesets so the only other excuse would be for two enterences which if it is just for the Showcase mode could it have not just been an alternate enterence and theme for that mode than have two seperate slots with everything exactly the same besides an alternate look.

I cant wait till they have a 200+ roster boasting a load of new characters only to find out it has every single shirt veriant Cena has ever worn as seperate slots.

Edited by TheWho87

I actually quite like the roster overall but that's mainly because shit like legends, retro guys, etc. I only ever use for their designated modes. I was mainly just laughing at how 2K hyped up surprise characters when they had to know they weren't really exciting. When it comes to Universe mode and stuff, I only ever really use the current roster or CAWs. Ideally I'd love to have a year where there are no legends or retros and we get pretty much everybody from the current roster and NXT at the time of cutoff, but that will never happen. People want legends in the games - I'm in the minority who don't really ever use them.

As it is, the current roster is still pretty spot on from what we see on WWE TV currently. The most out of date guy is Cody, but there wasn't time to realistically get Stardust in. I'm sure a great Stardust will be available within a few days of release, much like how there was a picture perfect Goldust in last year's game. Sandow I guess is technically outdated, but giving him the Miz' moveset and theme is really all you'd need to do to fix that. The only other guys left who might be outdated are Rollins and Ambrose. There was an image floating around of Ambrose in his new gear, but that might have been 2K making a CAW of him. Based on what I've read from reviews of the last gen version of the game, Rollins and Ambrose are in their Shield gear still.

Beyond that - who's really missing that's featured on TV every week? Heath Slater is the only one I can think of. If Heath Slater is your biggest omission, you know you have your bases covered.

Bryan looks better than he did in that reveal trailer, but god damn, Bray's hair. The game is shaping up to look better than it did before and there's some spot-on models like Orton and Cesaro, but you think they'd try to avoid showing off that wonky-ass hair in their marketing. Bray's face looks fucking amazing, BUT DAT HAIR JESUS CHRIST.

Yeah, it's Evolution Orton.

Apparently not only are Rollins and Ambrose still in their Shield gear...but they don't even have their new music or trons in the game. That's a bit shit. They've had those themes since June. THQ got Cult of Personality and Punk's tron into the game on far shorter notice back in WWE 12. The themes will be a moot point if custom themes get added...but supposedly the featured was removed on 360 and PS3 despite the consoles allowing it, so I'm not optimistic it'll be patched in.

Yeah, it's Evolution Orton.

Apparently not only are Rollins and Ambrose still in their Shield gear...but they don't even have their new music or trons in the game. That's a bit shit. They've had those themes since June. THQ got Cult of Personality and Punk's tron into the game on far shorter notice back in WWE 12. The themes will be a moot point if custom themes get added...but supposedly the featured was removed on 360 and PS3 despite the consoles allowing it, so I'm not optimistic it'll be patched in.

I think you're wrong there, as far as I was aware Ambrose had his white tank top and jeans attire and Rollins had his current attire, Reigns would be the only one in Shield gear.

Numerous people who have the last gen version of the game and have screenshots to prove it have said it's Shield only. The Ambrose white tank top image that floated around was 2K creating him using a Dean Ambrose Superstar Head in CAW mode because they didn't want to expose that the game was out of date.