WWE 2k15

The Buscher

So here's some damning news regarding online downloads (from people who have last gen)...

You're assigned a Rank as a Creator, like the previous games, and the rank is now associated with a limit to how much you can download and upload. You get higher levels as you, IIRC, leave reviews + get your content downloaded on the Community Creations. At the start, I think you only have 10 Downloads over a certain length of time (Don't know the length yet) and 5 Uploads allowed, and as people download your content more, you get your level increased and, presumably, the limits will as well. You're only allowed 5 uploads, and as your level increases, the amount of slots you have available for your personal uploads will as well.

Basically, for anyone who used to download CaWs, Arenas, etc and not add too much, this is a huge blow to their stuff. Also, unless you're one of the bigger names, there's no guarantee your stuff is going to get downloaded, so for some folks, even if they have a neat arena idea or concept, if they don't advertise it on one of the various websites, they won't get that limit increased.

If that restriction is on current gen as well (and unfortunately I can't see why it wouldn't be), then my pre-order is officially cancelled. Even with the complete lack of footage and only basic details on Career mode, this was still going to be an easy buy for me so I could have a wrestling game on PS4. But if I can't even use my 100 CAW slots without creating my own shit and hoping people rate it highly...fuck that.

Being that nobody has really figured out exactly how the limits thing works yet, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Some people are saying that by just rating the CAWs, you're increasing your rank. Which would make sense, as most people just download and leave it, right? So this would force people to put a rating on what they've downloaded, which in turn gives the rest of us a better idea of which CAWs are better.

Others are saying that it's attached to online matches, or that you can only download 10 to start, but it increases as you upload your own.

There's a lot of misinformation floating around right now about how it works, so I would advise that we all just wait and see how it actually works before passing judgment.

• Like 1

Mandating reviews isn't going to lead to any quality peer reviewing though, people are just going to do the easiest thing that will get them what they want. They aren't going to say "Hmmm, this CAW is a pretty good likeness but it's lacking in places. 3.5 stars.", they'll just give 5 or 0. Assuming it's out of 5 and not just a 'like/dislike' style thing.

How stupid. This game is just getting worse and worse by the second. I know I was all for having equal opportunity for last generation and current generation for this game but I am not even going to waste my time. I'd rather go out and buy 2K14 again and play that.

Devs were saying not to put too much into judging the next gen version against the current gen, as next gen was built from the ground up. They also claim to have a solution for the people who were complaining about Rollins/Ambrose in their Shield attire.

The rumor floating around is that we'll be able to fully edit attire as we see fit, like we could back in No Mercy. I'm not THAT optimistic about it, but that would be fantastic.

Also, they've stated on the 2k boards that the download limit is 10 Created Wrestlers per day. To keep the servers from crashing more than anything else.

Devs were saying not to put too much into judging the next gen version against the current gen, as next gen was built from the ground up. They also claim to have a solution for the people who were complaining about Rollins/Ambrose in their Shield attire.

The rumor floating around is that we'll be able to fully edit attire as we see fit, like we could back in No Mercy. I'm not THAT optimistic about it, but that would be fantastic.

Also, they've stated on the 2k boards that the download limit is 10 Created Wrestlers per day. To keep the servers from crashing more than anything else.

Yeah, 10 per day is fine. If that alleviates server issues, it's not a bad solution at all.

So it's basically just Superstar Heads with every superstar, no?

So it's basically just Superstar Heads with every superstar, no?

Not quite. There's a chance you might not have to use CAW spots on them, you may be able to edit their default gear. The reason people are guessing this is because Rollins said he was basically stripped down to his undies for the scanning, which would seem to be unnecessary as he was in his Shield gear in the game.. So in theory everybody could have their actual full body model be unable to be changed (height, weight, etc.) but the gear may be completely editable beyond that.

If that's the case, I pity the guy who needed to scan a nearly nude Wyatt Family.

• Like 2