WWE 2k15

The Buscher

Actually the more I think about it they haven't really said that much about the game, they've announced the roster and all that and some details about career mode but we don't even know what match types are in the game or if there's even a CAW mode.

I'm a little concerned about the 'surprise' element of everything.

Previews have stated explicitly that there's a CAW mode. You need to create a dude to even play career mode.

• Like 2

Here is the full details of Who Got NXT

WWE 2K15 Who Got NXT Developer Diary

With MyCareer being exclusive to next-gen versions of WWE 2K15, we (the design team) were tasked with creating a mode that would only be made available on current-gen systems. With our creative juices flowing, just about everyone on the team immediately thought of NXT. We hadnt developed a firm idea or concept regarding NXT; we only knew we wanted to incorporate NXT in our eventual idea. When the reality show aspects of NXT were dropped and NXT became its own brand, folks on the development team started to take notice. Within a matter of months, NXT became the show to watch. How could we not include this awesome corner of the WWE Universe in WWE 2K15?

nxt_chapter_menu.jpg

When the day came to pitch our ideas, we still hadnt come up with a fully fleshed out design, but we had settled on our core concept. In a nutshell, our idea was to create a compelling unlock method. We wanted to create a mode or area of the game where players could control a handful of NXT Superstars with the stipulation theyd be strictly confined to the mode and not be available for use outside of said mode until certain requirements had been fulfilled by the player and when I mean confined, I mean confined! Until completing said requirements, NXT Superstars would be prohibited from all game modes (e.g. Exhibition, Online, Creation Suite, Universe), and their associated assets (e.g. moves, entrance videos, etc.) would be locked. We wanted the unlocking of an NXT Superstar to be similar to that of an actual NXT Superstar being called up to the main roster.

nxt_main_menu.jpg

Who Got NXT focuses on five NXT Superstars Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville, Rusev, Corey Graves and Bo Dallas. I know Rusev and Bo Dallas are no longer on NXT, but they were during development of the mode. Each of the five NXT Superstars is assigned his own chapter consisting of four matches that players will need to complete in sequential order. The gameplay experience within each chapter is similar to 2K Showcase in that players are tasked with completing a number of optional objectives three at the most and a required match stipulation. The only way to advance to the next match is to complete the match stipulation. In most cases, the match stipulation states you must defeat your opponent via pinfall or submission, but on occasion, youll be asked to do something that deviates from the norm. While objectives are optional and wont impede your advancement to the next match, it really is in your best interest to complete them unless you have no interest in receiving a plethora of NXT-related unlockables. Ill delve more into those in a bit. Once youve successfully completed all four matches within a chapter youll unlock the featured NXT Superstar. All five chapters can be played concurrently, but as previously stated, the matches therein must be played in sequential order. You can also replay any match youve previously completed in the off chance you failed to complete an objective or if youd simply like to play it again.

The matches in Who Got NXT arent direct recreations of real NXT matches. The matches in Who Got NXT are certainly inspired by matches held on NXT programming, but it wasnt our intent to authentically recreate them as they actually occurred. Also, there is no interconnected narrative from one match to the next in these chapters. Each match is its own self-contained story, but we rely strictly on commentary to communicate said story. Commentary, specifically written for the mode, appears during each NXT Superstars entrance, victory scenes and of course, gameplay. The narrative of each match is communicated by the commentators during the entrance scenes, establishing why the match is taking place, and the narrative is reinforced during gameplay via back and forth play-by-play between commentators. Though matches arent connected to one another from a narrative standpoint, the chapters themselves definitely have their own overarching themes. The complete and utter destruction of ones opponent is exemplified in Rusevs chapter, and the objectives have been designed to support this theme. Ill just say by the time youve completed Rusevs chapter, youll be quite proficient at executing his Accolade finisher. Adrian Nevilles chapter revolves around his quest for the NXT Championship. Sami Zayns chapter is typified by his resiliency and fighting spirit (naturally, we had to pit Zayn against Cesaro). The Graves chapter asks the question, Who is Corey Graves? Whats he all about? What are his motivations? Bo Dallas chapter, which turned out to be one of my favorites (as I Bolieve), is characterized by his unrelenting desire to hold onto his NXT Championship at any cost. Youll be ramming opponents into exposed turnbuckles, intentionally getting yourself (Bo) disqualified (its more fun than it sounds, trust me) and a number of other dirty tactics to maintain Bos grip on his beloved NXT Championship.

nxt_ss_1.jpg

After unlocking all five NXT Superstars, theres still gameplay to be had in Who Got NXT. After clearing all chapters, youll be able to participate in the new Proving Ground match! The Proving Ground is the spiritual successor to WWE 2K14s Defeat the Streak. Whereas in Defeat the Streak, players were tasked with ending Undertakers WrestleMania winning streak (we all know how that turned out), in the Proving Ground match youll be facing off against the face of WWE and the face of WWE 2K15, John Cena! Like Defeat the Streak, John Cena will be controlled by the AI and will be very tough to defeat. When you enter the Proving Ground match for the first time, youll be shown a snippet of footage from the April 4, 2014 episode of SmackDown, wherein John Cena delivers an in-ring promo. The promo properly sets the stage for your encounter with Cena, as he essentially calls out the entire roster and in particular the new faces on the roster. The transcript of his promo is below:

nxt_proving_ground.jpg

The future is now! It is an exciting time to be in the WWE, as there are so many promising Superstars. So let me make a promise of my own. I am not The One. I am not the Viper. I am not the King of Swing. I am not the Boss! I am the measuring stick. I am the standard bearer. I am John Cena! Any WWE Superstar can talk all they want, but past, present or future, they do know if they want their feet planted firmly on the top of the WWE mountain, well, they better go through me to do it!

Following Cenas incendiary promo, youll be transitioned to the Superstar select screen. Initially, youll only be able to select one of the five NXT Superstars to go against Cena. However, you will be able to unlock the entire roster (including created Superstars) if you defeat Cena using all five NXT Superstars. The match itself is a traditional, 1-on-1 match with a 30 minute time limit. The Proving Ground match also contains mode-specific commentary that can be heard during the entrance scenes, gameplay and victory scene. Like Defeat the Streak, youre provided a score at the end of your match, and should you manage to beat Cena, youll be able to upload your score to the Proving Ground online leaderboard. Heres a tip: if you force Cena to submit, youll score a huge win bonus!

nxt_ss_2_thm.jpg

Now that Ive explained how to unlock the NXT Superstars (complete their respective chapters) and the Proving Ground match (complete all five chapters), so youre probably wondering about those other NXT related unlockables I made mention of earlier. All you have to do is complete all of the objectives within each of the five chapters - its as easy as that! As a reward for doing so, youll receive the following:

- NXT Arena

- NXT ArRIVAL Arena (only available on PS3 and Xbox 360!)

- NXT Championship

- NXT Tag Team Championship

- NXT Womens Championship

Source: WWE.2K.com

Can they change the mode's name in England to something about putting your 50p on the side of the pool table to indicate that you're in the queue to use the table? That might make things more clear.

• Like 4