WWE 2k15

The Buscher

Who's actually been announced for the NXT side of things? I know Zayn, Neville and (ugh) Corey Graves have been announced but who else? I want Breeze dammit!

Dallas and Rusev (kinda, I know they're full roster now) are the only names beside the three you've mentioned and the ones listed above, as far as I'm aware. Haven't seen confirmation on anyone else.

The other ones in the NXT pack are The Ascension, Adam Rose, JBL & Emma. So just the Ascension really :P

sooo am I understanding correctly?
$40 game,

$25 season pass (paige, accellorator, unlock everything, christian/mark henry showcase feuds)
+ extra for warrior showcase feud.
+ extra for wcw superstar pack

+ extra for nxt superstar pack
+ extra for moves pack

that seems like an awful lot of content held-back from the game for DLC, and which falls outside of the season pass...

Edited by ksdixon

$40 game,

$25 season pass (paige, accellorator, unlock everything, christian/mark henry showcase feuds)

+ extra for moves pack

that seems like an awful lot of content held-back from the game for DLC, and which falls outside of the season pass...

It definitely says all three showcases are included in the season pass, so no, you aren't understanding correctly.

But pricing that up is ridiculous and making me glad I'm holding off on this until a decent deal comes along.

Who's actually been announced for the NXT side of things? I know Zayn, Neville and (ugh) Corey Graves have been announced but who else? I want Breeze dammit!

At this point I think basically the entire roster has been announced. The only ones not "officially" announced by 2k are Ric Flair, Booker T, and Kevin Nash - all of whom appeared on WWE.com's roster after the reveal but aren't on the website. They're supposedly in the game for the HHH/HBK Showcase mode.

I guess there is still a chance that Tyler Breeze, Charlotte, and a few other low card NXT people are in the game but just not announced yet, but I doubt it. Would seem odd to put in some of the really low card guys but leave out Adam Rose or The Ascension. Unless of course all of them are in NXT mode anyway and they just locked a few that people might actually give a shit about, as nobody is buying Mojo Rawley DLC. It's been done the last several games - such as Warrior last year. I think on-disc DLC is a bit bullshit but it's commonplace.

So the NXT portion of career mode figures to be Zayn, Neville, Graves, Rusev, Dallas, possibly Ascension/Rose, and probably some of the other main roster people like Woods, Kidd, Gabriel, etc. Maybe even sprinkle in some Cesaro or Wyatt Family. Should be good.

$40 game,

+ extra for moves pack

Season pass has always included all the DLCs so you aren't pricing correctly.

The only thing that concerns me is there's no mention of Sting in the DLC, which makes me wonder if he'll remained locked exclusively as the preorder bonus? Or if they're just keeping that hush-hush to get still get people to preorder and they'll unlock him for purchase with the last round of DLC. Because honestly, I still can't see myself shelling out $60 for this game, but I'd be bummed if I bought it in March and couldn't use Sting.

• Like 1

$40 game,

+ extra for moves pack

Yes, let's please not start this. DLC doesn't instantly mean held back from the game. There's a point during the life cycle of every game or software product where you have to say "this is it, this is all that we KNOW we can manage" and then move on. The way things are these days, they can work on extra stuff and put it in at a later date and I think it's awesome. Of course it has turned into a bit of a business when companies saw that it could be successful but I don't think anyone can look at what they have planned for this edition and say that the game is missing anything without Fit Finlay included on the disc.

The only thing that concerns me is there's no mention of Sting in the DLC, which makes me wonder if he'll remained locked exclusively as the preorder bonus? Or if they're just keeping that hush-hush to get still get people to preorder and they'll unlock him for purchase with the last round of DLC. Because honestly, I still can't see myself shelling out $60 for this game, but I'd be bummed if I bought it in March and couldn't use Sting.

It'll come out, I'm quite sure of it. I don't think they announced that The Rock would be free at any point years ago and it still happened, etc.

$40 game,

+ extra for moves pack

In the past? Yes. According to the information we've just recieved? No.

This is going way too far and well into Borderlands level of territory where getting the GOTY version will only get you so much DLC.

I wonder if there have been any changes to Universe mode to speak of. I somewhat doubt it, as their focus has clearly been My Career and Showcase. Universe is more or less just a way to use the rest of the roster without having to go into Exhibition mode.

To be fair, I'd be happy with the mode as is if they can just get the branching storylines to actually take place and prevent the same match from main eventing 10 Raws in a row.

• Like 1

Remember when you paid full price for a game and they gave you all of the game without having to pre-order or pay more to get all the features?

Sure was fun.

That's not the case though.

When you buy a game - you get all the features for the most part. There are so egregious examples of this not being the case, but in an example like this I think it's fair to say that you're getting everything that was advertised. In this - the last month or so before release, we're getting information on what DLC is going to entail - and what DLC boils down to in cases like this is the idea that there has to be a cutoff point for new content. In the days before DLC, we never saw anything along the lines of what we "could've had" because there was no platform to deliver it to us. We couldn't get extra wrestlers in WWF Attitude because there was really no way to do it.

Irregardless of this, we were told that we were getting two storylines and a certain number of wrestlers. The WWE series is usually good for actually having most of the content NOT on the disc itsself (probably out of that list, just Paige) and I think a user will still get a great experience out of it without needing all the other stuff.

• Like 2

Remember when you paid full price for a game and they gave you all of the game on a cassette and all the time you spent waiting was for the game to load and not to download some bullshit 5gb patch?

Sure was fun.

• Like 2

• Admin

To be fair, I'd be happy with the mode as is if they can just get the branching storylines to actually take place and prevent the same match from main eventing 10 Raws in a row.

Sounds like it works perfectly.

So many likes.

• Like 1