WWE 2k15

The Buscher

You're instantly on the outs because "should've been included in the first place" is so god damn entitled and presumptuous it absolutely BURNS.

And there are good reasons that some stuff isn't included on the previous versions. You can't pack everything they want to do into years old hardware just because you don't want to buy next generation. It's a tragedy that things progress, huh?

I'm glad you know SO much about the inner workings of a game studio or any kind of software production shop.

Christ.

• Like 4

Hey, even if this stuff easily could have been included in the base game, free market. Video games aren't a necessity, and so if they can find a way to make more money, they absolutely should try. If they're putting out products that you think are inferior or not worth the money, don't buy it. You're not entitled to the full game. If they want it to cost $60 for the release day version and $100 for the 'full' version, you can choose to pay $60, $100, or nothing. If people decide the DLC is worth it and give them their money, they'll continue this strategy. If not, they'll have to scale back. I'm not buying this game because I have a PS3 and I want season mode, but I'm not going to splurge on a PS4 for it. So it's not a sensible purchase for me. And if it's not one for you that's cool. But outraging over it like this is silly.

• Like 6

It disgusts me that they stopped doing WWE games on PS2 after Smackdown 2011. Anything for the quest for the mighty dollar though, right? What if I don't WANT to buy a 360 or PS3?

• Like 7

In the old days, you simply "unlocked" the extra features and didn't have to pay an additional $10 each for what's already in the game itself.

Again, you're assuming that this is the case because you either heard something, or saw something in a trailer and made the assumption (again) that the footage is from the same version of the game that's being released, as opposed to something they have worked on post-completion to give us extra content. My challenge to you, is to learn how to code games, dig into WWE 2k15 and prove to me that the DLC is all already stored inside. If you can do that, I will eat a hat... and you can't show me unfinished coding for the new showcase modes and win this, because it's unfinished coding that would be completed post-release for DLC purposes.

This isn't because the feature can't be done on the XBox or PS3. If that were the case, I'd accept it fine, but it isn't.

That actually IS the case. During the planning stages of a game that is on two different generations of systems, you sit down and decide what is logical to make it into each one, and what is a wild goose chase for your development team. Is it possible that My Career could have been added to the last-gen game? Yes. But it's also entirely possible that they would have coded in eighty percent of it, only to find out that they have to gut it because of hardware constraints. Wasted time on wasted game modes is inefficient. Gaming is a business, you said it. In business, you don't plot out inefficient paths, because that's how you lose money.

It's also worth noting that when a new generation of systems comes out, development teams tend to take a full or fuller team to the new-gen consoles and leave a bare bones staff behind to deal with the last-gen game. It's the nature of the beast, and it's not gaming-exclusive. This is something that happens in every market. I chose to take the plunge into a PS4. I didn't have money for it, so I took all my PS3 stuff in and traded it towards my PS4. Because I work in a retail gaming outlet, I made the conscious decision to stay up to date and get the best experience possible out of new games, knowing full well from previous experience that sticking with last-gen consoles gives me inferior games.

Someone awhile back realized that they can sell a game for regular price (new PS and XBox games have always cost the same - $50-$60 which would give you the "full game" without paying more) and instead of adding in the extra features and making them unlockable, they can put it up for DLC and make people pay for it, because people WILL pay for it. It essentially doubles their profits on one single game.

People will only pay for content that they feel is worth their money. If you're buying content that isn't worth it to you, you're an idiot. You already said it's a business, and if they can in this business, get more money out of us in one go around than they used to, they will and SHOULD try to do so. If the game isn't worth the $70 pricetag, don't buy it. If you buy the game and the downloadable content isn't worth what they're asking for, don't buy it. The only way, in business, to get people to change their strategy, is to not support them. Me? I am very happy to pay $200 for everything with this game, because I'm probably going to get at least 200 hours worth of time out of it. That's $1 per hour, for entertainment purposes. When you break it down, you're complaining about something that's giving you better value than a trip to the theatre, a sporting event, or going out for dinner.

They've known from the beginning that Sting was going to be in the game, yet the only way (currently) you can get him is to pre-order. I'm not even sure about Hogan, as he's probably only DLC at the moment.

They're giving incentive to people to put down $5 (that you can get back from most retailers) on a game that isn't out yet, so they can project how well their sales are going to do. Burn the witches! This is preposterous! Retailers and developers both want you to pre-order games, this isn't something new. There have been pre-order bonuses for as long as I can remember. I remember getting WWF: The Music or some shit for free when I pre-ordered WWF Attitude on the N64. Should people who bought the game after it came out have also received a free gift for pre-ordering? No. It's incentive to pre-order.

Seriously man, it's five bucks that gets put towards the cost of the game. It isn't a terribly asinine request.

• Like 2

Not much of a surprise that the forum vultures wasted no time jumping on my carcass when it was still warm. If anyone's blowing stuff out of proportion, it's you guys who can't even seem to realize that all of us who are talking about the "old game styles" aren't complaining about new marketing agendas or feeling "entitled" or anything else.

We're simply saying that it's pretty outrageous what gaming companies (as that's what we're talking about right now) are doing nowadays, which is selling a game at full price when it really isn't the full game.

Yes, I'm fully aware that it's my perogative to buy the game or not. I've already said I'm not buying it because of the additional cost I would have to pay in order to have a complete game. Just the same, it's your perogative to shell out "$200" for it if you feel the desire. You've got the time and ability to play 200+ hours of a video game, be my guest.

I'm not complaining or feeling entitled to a certain product. I'm stating my opinion on things and you guys are always quick to jump on people's opinions when they differ from your own. Like I said, it's a business and they're in it to make money. In this case, they aren't getting my money.

My challenge to you, is to learn how to code games, dig into WWE 2k15 and prove to me that the DLC is all already stored inside. If you can do that, I will eat a hat... and you can't show me unfinished coding for the new showcase modes and win this, because it's unfinished coding that would be completed post-release for DLC purposes.

Throwing insults at people when you know nothing about them shows your ignorance. I have dabbled in game coding. Have I messed with WWE 2k15? No, because for a few reasons. 1, it's not even released yet. 2, 2k sports will never release their code. I'll give you points for argument's sake, but you really are grasping at straws while trying to sound like you know everything.

The argument's really simple.....The game hasn't even been released yet, so nothing they are saying in DLC can even be considered "post release" because the game hasn't even been RELEASED yet. All DLC is in the game code itself so it will be compatible and WORK with the game. It's already there because game footage has been shown with it there. How else are they going to give you a trailer or preview? It's not a 3d video put together just to hype it...It's actual game footage.

Seriously guys, it won't hurt you to accept that some people have different opinions than yours, and just because they're different, doesn't mean they're wrong. You want to pay $60 for a game and up to $60 more, go ahead...No one's complaining about your choice to do so. Just because someone else doesn't see the point in it doesn't make them an "idiot."

I don't think anybody called you an idiot though? The closest to that is:

If you're buying content that isn't worth it to you, you're an idiot.

Which I would argue is a general statement that applies to anybody who does that rather than you specifically. And even if it were towards you specifically, it's still not really outright calling you an idiot. It's a fair statement either way, don't get all hurt and put it down to "forum vultures" because people are questioning your comments. Maybe if you hadn't sounded so smug and superior to start with people wouldn't be quick to question you.

• Like 2

You're stating your opinion as fact. Factually, your opinion is incorrect. Of course we're going to argue with you.

200 hours of game time is something that will take me until 2k16. I have a full time job, a wife and other hobbies. WWE isn't a game I'm going to play for a week, finish and then be done with. It's a game that I play consistently until the new one comes out, and thus, will most likely get a lot of hours out of.

The reason why we are jumping all over you, as you say, is because you're spouting off mis-information that you're now claiming as opinion, but have stated as fact. You're throwing out negative and incorrect information, which other people are reading, and which is going to cause headaches for us at the retail level, as we try to explain how it actually is to someone who has read an opinion like yours, taken it as gospel, and is now spreading it around themselves.

"I believe", "I think", "In my opinion" are things you should start using before sentences if you don't want us to come in here and respond the way we have.

• Like 2

200 hours of entertainment for $60 or even $120 is a pretty good deal when you compare it to how much entertainment time you would get out of an album or a DVD.

• Like 2

Not that my opinion really counts, but I see both sides. On one hand, it sucks that games companies make us pay extra for this stuff. Back in the day, we'd have everything for for $50-$60. Now, we need to pay an extra $40, $50, $60 for the DLC. It sucks, but such is life these days.

I'll be getting probably all of the DLC, because I think it'll be worth it for me. I'm not gonna begrudge anyone who doesn't get the DLC.

Lets put it this way.

If DLC didn't exist, the entire game would've been exactly what it is right now. It's what the people making it had time to put in. There is a ton of content there - it was announced for months and people have more than enough time to make a purchase decision based off that.

DLC does exist, and we're getting all of that. Plus more. If you want. Stuff that didn't factor into your original purchase decision.

If there was a lack of content with the game, I'd put on my tinfoil hat and call out the game companies for stealin' content from me. But it just really, really doesn't look like the case here.

• Like 3

Exactly. Even if I were to assume that all this DLC content is already part of the game, just waiting to be unlocked, and not "true" DLC at all (even though some of it won't be released for months), and that it's the EVIL games company trying to get more money out of us...if you've already pre-ordered the game, or already decided on buying it, because of the information provided, you can't then get angry that you weren't given something extra. Because what they were offering you was clearly enough for you to make a decision to pay for it. Now they're just offering more, and you can choose whether to buy that or not.

To use a wrestling analogy, loads of CHIKARA fans were getting pissy because they were "late" in announcing teams for King Of Trios, and then complained that the teams they announced weren't good enough and that they were pissed off that they bought a ticket for the show and had to wait so long to find out what was going to happen on it. But if they've already got your money - effectively, you've already shown that you're prepared to pay based on the limited information already made available to you - what incentive do they have to provide more content? You've shown that you're prepared to pay for the basic package they were offering up.

This is always the great dilemma when it comes to DLC. Announce it early and it's 'just a cash grab'. Wait around though and it's ' :lol: Who plays that shit anymore? I traded mine in weeks ago.'

• Like 1

Not much of a surprise that the forum vultures wasted no time jumping on my carcass when it was still warm. If anyone's blowing stuff out of proportion, it's you guys who can't even seem to realize that all of us who are talking about the "old game styles" aren't complaining about new marketing agendas or feeling "entitled" or anything else.

Your opinion was "Game makers are in it to make money!" The response was a collective "Of course. So?". Acting like you're being put upon by that doesn't make sense. Give them money or don't. Explain and discuss why you don't want to give them money if you're so inclined, I explained exactly why I'm not giving them mine in one sentence without calling them jerks. But raging against them as if they're committing some unforgivable sin by wanting to make more money or that it's outrageous that businesses such as video games and big oil (which was a silly comparison) adapt their business practices to changing conditions in the marketplace isn't going to get you anywhere.

Thing is the gaming business has found a way to make themselves more money by DLC. It's not going to change so really we might as well just get used to it, honestly. I may not be the biggest fan of it, but if I like the game and it'll give me enjoyment, I'll continue to pay.

2k have confirmed that there are more wrestlers in the game but they aren't going to be revealed, they'll be surprises for when you play the game.

I'm guessing they're just talking about Kevin Nash, Booker T, Ric Flair, etc. who haven't been confirmed by 2k but WWE accidentally revealed them already. Would love if there are some mystery NXT characters though. We need some Tyler Breeze.

Edited by Bad News Busch

If I had the money I'd buy a PS4 pretty much just for this game, the more they talk about the core game the more I'm sold on it and accept that the season passes and whatnot are just a cool bonus if you have the cash.

I mean they've got pretty much the full roster + a bunch of key NXT guys (except Paige) who will be coming up in the next year or so so it'll be the most up to date game ever, right now the only possible negatives are not being able to store music on the PS4's hard drive to add to created superstars but that's a technical limitation more than anything.

• Like 2

They've known from the beginning that Sting was going to be in the game, yet the only way (currently) you can get him is to pre-order. I'm not even sure about Hogan, as he's probably only DLC at the moment.

They're giving incentive to people to put down $5 (that you can get back from most retailers) on a game that isn't out yet, so they can project how well their sales are going to do. Burn the witches! This is preposterous! Retailers and developers both want you to pre-order games, this isn't something new. There have been pre-order bonuses for as long as I can remember. I remember getting WWF: The Music or some shit for free when I pre-ordered WWF Attitude on the N64. Should people who bought the game after it came out have also received a free gift for pre-ordering? No. It's incentive to pre-order.

Seriously man, it's five bucks that gets put towards the cost of the game. It isn't a terribly asinine request.

Like fuck it isn't. They're making receiving one of the major hooks of this year's game - which can't be argued with, Sting has been the main focus of a trailer - contingent on committing to buy the game potentially before all (or any) reviews and community sentiment is revealed. Add in how shit a lot of 'previews' are handled by media outlets (generally just glowing in-looks that are basically PR) and you don't really have much info going in. There's a massive difference between 'here's a skin or gun or WWE: The Music' and 'you need to preorder to get the guy who has been a major focus of our advertising'. Just because they have been doing it for a few years doesn't make it something that isn't really shitty.

• Like 1

It takes so, so little to pre-order a game - anyone who cares really should be able to do so. And yeah, it's usually five dollars and not a contract - you can get your money back or use it on something else. It's pretty standard these days and he'll be available later. It's hardly offensive in the least.

• Like 1