WWE 2k15

The Buscher

You seem confused. I never suggested it was difficult to pre-order. I accused hiding a major element of your game behind being willing to buy the game without receiving reviews or established impressions of the game to be predatory and a bit shit.

You seem confused. I never suggested it was difficult to pre-order. I accused hiding a major element of your game behind being willing to buy the game without receiving reviews or established impressions of the game to be predatory and a bit shit.

You don't have to buy the game without reviews or impressions.

You pay your five dollar minimum deposit before it comes out. Then you pick it up after it comes out. If you don't rush to the store to grab it right away, you can read a review and see if it's even worth your time. If not, just cancel your pre-order and get your money back.

It's not like pre-ordering means that you have to pick up the game... and it's not as if the money you put down just goes away. Buy the game, put the money on something else, or just get a refund... but you can pre-order something you're excited for and choose not to get it after it comes out.

In fact, cancelled pre-orders are a better barometer for developers than anything else in terms of what the public wants. EA Sports' NHL was a great example of that. My store alone pre-ordered well over 75 copies (in a smaller town) just for PS4 alone. Less than half of those actually acquired the game because of early reviews and the news that came out about missing features. The amount of people who changed their mind makes a larger difference than just smaller sales numbers. Because it shows that the interest is there to begin with, but that somewhere along the way, the company fucked it up royally.

You want a pre-order bonus? Just pre-order. You want to show them that what they're putting out isn't good enough? Cancel that pre-order if it isn't up to par. These companies see these numbers. It's the only way they're going to hear you.

Yeah, I imagine it'd only be a problem if it's Niche Game #425 where the only pre-orders are you and one other person and then a third person comes in looking for it. But, chances are they'll have stock laying around afterwards of pre-order copies. I didn't get 14 till it was on sale for £20 that one day like a month afterwards and I still got Warrior. Failing that, pre-order characters usually pop up for like 79p as DLC later on. Granted, that doesn't exactly help in this anti-DLC discussion but it shows that you're not going to miss out on Sting entirely just because you didn't pre-order.

Yeah but it does mean if they do sell the boxes with pre-order codes you are then waiting for them to release him as DLC. Which again wouldn't be as big an issue if they hadn't featured him in trailers as a new exciting addition. At the end of the day it's pressure selling. Quick come in and pick up your pre-order otherwise you'll miss out (or possibly need to wait for this date in the future which we won't confirm as existing to play as this person we've hyped as being in the game). It isn't like publishers or anyone else makes it clear that each store will have ample stock and pre-ordering (or waiting a few days to pick up a copy) won't make a difference in regards to getting Sting.

You can tie as many pretty bows around it as you like, but at the end of the day it isn't in the consumers favour in any manner for pre-order bonuses to be proper content and any excuse to defend it rings hollow.

It's no where near the hassle that you're making it out to be. I never saw anything like that happen in the period of time I worked at EB in regards to pre-orders failing someone THAT badly and here in Canada, EB will hold for up to seven days. A lot of times, non-preorders will get the chance to get Sting anyways if they buy close to day one because the stores overstock.

You just dont get the my career mode.

I will say if you liked the attitude era or want to relive WrestleMania matches I'd get the 13/14, only because I dont think the mode for the last gen would be that good since it only has 2 storylines unless you get the DLC which gives you 3-4 more

• Like 1

2K announced that the rosters are all the same for each platform. So the last gen owners will get to play as the NXT stars

Since last gen drops on Tuesday we'll probably learn all of the "mystery" characters by then, if not earlier. I don't really mind knowing who's in because I usually use the Accelerator right out of the gate so I can get Universe set up the way I want.

The WWE Games community has, unsurpisingly, gotten its hopes up with the tweet about mystery characters. A bunch of people seem to think it means there's still a chance for Los Matadores, Sin Cara, etc. Not really sure I'd understand the point of hiding such minor current wrestlers when they've already revealed nearly the entire current roster.

I'm doubting there are more NXT people in besides what's been announced already. I mean it's pretty clear the roster was set sometime around February/March, so if they were only picking 5 NXT wrestlers from that time the 5 they took (Rusev, Bo, Neville, Zayn, Graves) are the ones that make most sense. If the roster were finalized a couple of months later we'd have gotten Breeze instead of Graves and Dallas/Rusev would have been considered main roster talent.

So yeah, the extra characters are probably Vince, Nash, Flair, Booker, and various retro attires. Maybe a few of the wrestlers from the June releases are in too as guys who get cut are often kept in the game unless there are extenuating circumstances. Even then I'm not sure, 3MB would have surely been in that group but Heath was never revealed.

I'm assuming due to technical limitations with the hardware and also space available on the disk. Current gen now uses Blu-Ray which has significantly more storage space than say the Xbox 360. Plus, building that mode from the ground up on both versions of the game would surely cause it to be a bit lackluster.

As to the comment about the lack of content in the Rivalry mode, each one's match listings have been revealed and there's like 15-20 matches in each one. I think that's about the same as Attitude Era mode and can't wait to play it.

2K announced that the rosters are all the same for each platform. So the last gen owners will get to play as the NXT stars

The only people not crossing over will be the MyCareer GM's, William Regal and Vickie Guerrero who are XB1 and PS4 exclusives.

Sony's October 28th update will allow the PS4 to rip music from USBs yet again :D there's pretty much no excuse to not have custom themes in then. Other games that feature custom music have said it's an insanely easy thing to patch in. Plus with the delay into November they might just be able to add the functionality in out of box.

Of course they could just go the THQ route. WWE 2k16: Give your own custom music to your created superstar! BRAND NEW FEATURE!

Did they ever give an explanation as to why My Career isn't on last gen consoles?

Two different teams work on each generation's version of the game. The team working on last-gen is significantly smaller than the team working on the current-gen version, and thus did not have the time to allocate to adding in all of the same features as the current-gen game will have.

There are definitely issues with technical limitations, but it's mostly just that developers don't want to waste resources on a game for a dying generation of consoles, when those resources should be used on what is current and headed into the future.

• Like 1

Actually the more I think about it they haven't really said that much about the game, they've announced the roster and all that and some details about career mode but we don't even know what match types are in the game or if there's even a CAW mode.

I'm a little concerned about the 'surprise' element of everything.

Actually the more I think about it they haven't really said that much about the game, they've announced the roster and all that and some details about career mode but we don't even know what match types are in the game or if there's even a CAW mode.

I'm a little concerned about the 'surprise' element of everything.

Probably the exact same as every other game. It's not like they're gonna suddenly not have Singles matches just because they haven't announced them.