WWE 2k15

The Buscher

I don't get why people need to justify the limitations in place. I just won't be buying it. I got it last year for 15 at Christmas and still felt ripped off.

2K, THQ, who cares? It's more of the same shit every year. Add a feature, take away a feature and make minor tweak to gameplay.

• Like 1

I don't get why people need to justify the limitations in place. I just won't be buying it. I got it last year for 15 at Christmas and still felt ripped off.

2K, THQ, who cares? It's more of the same shit every year. Add a feature, take away a feature and make minor tweak to gameplay.

Like Fifa?

Welcome to literally the way that every yearly iteration sports game has ever been.

Not really, FIFA in the past few years has been steadily gaining momentum and improving. This years current gen has all the features expected, better presentation and superior visuals than before.

At the same time removing features from the older systems and not fixing bugs and exploits that have been there for a couple of games now.

Kick off/45th/90th min goals have been in for a few years and they haven't bothered doing anything about it.

The amount of games I've played myself, or seen reported, where it can be 0-0 with 10mins to go and finish something like 3-2 because of retarded AI from kick off, I've simply lost count.

Anyway, back to WWE. :shifty:

That's my criticism of the WWE games, but it's hardly unique to them, it's essentially a "yearly sports game update" but I know that going in, it's why I tend to only get one every few years (same as FIFA/Madden). There'll be minor tweaks but ultimately it's "Cena has a new hat in his entrance :w00t: " and I'm okay with that. I haven't played one since... WWE 13 (I think) and as it's first one this generation I'll pick it up. I'll roll through Universe mode, as well as playing through the other bits and pieces they'll refine things over the next couple of years then I'll pick WWE 2K 17/18 up and by then tweaks to MyCareer, Universe and the CAW limit ( :shifty: ) will feel a bit fresher and changes will be more noticeable.

The biggest problem with games coming out with less features on the current-gen systems isn't that they have less features. It's that there is no communication as to the why's and how's of the situation, and when there is, it's way too vague. There needs to be more transparency from the developers about what's happening.

There's a rumor going around that editing superstars will take up a CAW slot, and I've seen several people claim that it's been verified by 2K... however, in the same Q & A that everyone is taking this from as fact, it was never stated that it was the case. I've tweeted out to 2K asking for verification one way or the other, but it's amazing how some people take these rumors as fact without any actual proof. I've yet to see anyone post the quoted response where 2K said that was the case... and yet everyone is still losing their shit about it.

If it's true, it's a total bummer... but it's still not NHL 15 levels of bad.

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?800491-Only-25-CAW-slots-on-current-gen&p=7176461#post7176461

"Yes, they do. They are treated like a CAS because they are an entirely new instance of the character. They can be used as an alternate attire or they can be used as an entirely new CAS. It takes more space to save out entirely new outfits, that's why alternate attires are treated as CAS.

Concerning the 25 slots, the fidelity of the characters are much higher than previous generations. Characters look much closer to our actual Superstars than ever before. The size of the characters are HUGE. We're going to continue to look at ways to compress, but we pushed it to the limit this year. The longer that we get more familiar with this new hardware, the more we'll find (like every developer). "

That's similar to last years anyway isn't it? At it's core anyway, I'm sure with the superstar heads thing you had the choice between just saving it as an alternate attire or as a new superstar? If I'm understanding that correctly. Sounds like they're saying that's the case and in the same comment saying otherwise.

That quote doesn't give a definitive answer though. It says that yes they take a spot, but then it says that you can also just make it an alternate attire for the wrestler... which wouldn't take a CAW spot.

EDIT: In the thread, Marcus actually does state it will take a CAW spot no matter how you choose to do it. IE, if you choose to make it an alternate attire, it's a CAW spot used up. If you choose to actually make it a separate character, same deal.

Welcome to literally the way that every yearly iteration sports game has ever been.

you keep saying this as if it makes everything okay.

"Ffs guys, every winter hundreds of homeless people freeze to death in the streets. Why are you all complaining about it now? So entitled."

• Like 4

To be fair, every time we upgrade to a new system, we get better quality gameplay out of our games, but the first version is always missing things that the previous systems had. It's not because they want to fuck us over. It's because they're learning how to properly use the new systems to their full capability.

Yes, 25 CAWs sucks. But if that's seriously the biggest complaint about WWE 2k15, then the rest of the game has got to be pretty good. The upgrades to Universe look great, the CAW models are more realistic and MyCareer looks amazing. Then there's all the DLC coming too, and I keep forgetting about Showcase mode.

What are the upgrades to Universe mode? I haven't heard anything about it at all.

The biggest upgrade is that Create-a-Story is gone, but has been replaced by over 800 different storylines that you can assign to rivalries. From what I've heard, it sounds like most of them need to be unlocked by playing through Universe, but that's still pretty cool.

So you would select your rivalry, and then either assign a storyline to it, or leave it as default which is supposed to randomize it. If you assign a storyline, it's less likely that you'll end up with the random-ass booking where your rivals face each other three out of four weeks building up to the PPV.

• Like 1

you keep saying this as if it makes everything okay.

"Ffs guys, every winter hundreds of homeless people freeze to death in the streets. Why are you all complaining about it now? So entitled."

Oh for fucks sakes, it's no where near the same.

Some people want the game to change drastically every year and want new features, and they think that keeping the same stuff in is just a copy and paste job when that's the furthest thing from the truth. Then if things didn't change enough we'd hear from those exact same people "well they haven't changed it enough, why haven't they changed it any more?"

There's this fantasy game that'll never exist in your head, and then there is reality - trying to find the balance that would've been perfect two years ago is now entirely changed by the time new things come around. There absolutely IS an entitled air about some of these complaints when the simple answer is don't buy the game. There's going to be enough people who'll go "oh wow, career mode - I've been wanting that for years and that sounds awesome" without adding "BUT I CAN'T HAVE EVERY VERSION OF GOLDUST'S FACE PAINT OVER THE YEARS SO FUCK THIS GAME I'M CANCELING MY PREORDER".

• Like 7

What drastic change is so amazingly hardware intensive that you have to cut create modes abd caw slots to such a drastic degree? the real time rendering and spacial calculations needed to recreate the energy draining and momentum dampening effect on the surrounding higgs field generated by the vortex of suck centered on Cory graves?

this game, like every sports game, is a perfect example of two steps forward, one inconcievable and unnesscessary buttfumble backwards. You are an apologist because they gave you your new, shiny toy. that is cool dude, go enjoy it. No one is stopping you. But please stop acting like you need a diaper change because people are pointing out the flaws in the bullshit pr we are being asked to accept.