WWE 2k15

The Buscher

I don't think anyone believes 2K is twirling their collective mustache, laughing gleefully as they cut down the number of CAW slots, they're just rightfully annoyed that popular features are getting cut.

Yeah, it's a jump to new consoles, but if that's their excuse, they're expecting people to pay full price for a game that isn't finished. 2K is a massive company, not some band of plucky developers just trying to make it, if they can't figure out how to adapt to new consoles, then they're releasing a half-assed product.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope it turns out to be a good game, but it sounds like yet another disappointment.

Because they lowered the amount of CAW slots due to the improvement of the overall CAW quality it means the game isn't finished? Seriously. That's pretty ridiculous to say concerning we know almost next to nothing about the game. Smackdown Just Bring it was the first WWE game on PS2, it sucked. Shut Your Mouth was the second and it was much better.

Edited by Brody
  • Like 1

This argument is gamer entitlement at it's finest. It boils down to,"we didn't get what we want - oh my god worst game of all time, fuck 2k."

Yet the best part is these people claimimg that those of us who aren't getting the knives out are somehow being selfish because "we got what we wanted"?

Firstly, I'm sure that a lot of us would prefer to have 75 extra caw slots but it's hardly a game breaking decision, especially when they have given a perfectly acceptable reason for it.

Not that it matters, there could be a thousand caw slots and people would still be complaining about something. This is the nature of the business now it seems, people far to quick to criticise something which they have no working knowledge of. Calling the game, "unfinished", "half-assed" etc is frankly ridiculous when people haven't so much as seen a demo of the game, let alone played the full thing.

Almost as ridiculous as this belief that 2k are involved in some conspiracy to take your money. They know people will buy the game regardless so, if they wanted to put out a half assed game, would they really rebuild the entire engine and introduce a new mode that everyone has been crying out for since Smackdown 2?

The best thing about yearly games is that a new one coming out makes older versions plummet in price. Earlier this year I bought FIFA 12 and WWE 13 for a combined price of maybe £11, and that was before the summer. If I were to have both them both on their release dates I would've had to pay £80. I'm sure I'll get FIFA 13 and WWE 2k14 when my birthday rolls around early next year and pay a fraction of the original price as well.

I have 2 copies of Fifa 12, you could have just asked me for one. <_<

• Like 1

There's no sense of entitlement about it - when I'm stating anything with "I" in relation to this I'm talking about what I am interested and why I'm looking forward to the game. I'm not trying to tell anyone that they should feel the same way, I'm giving insight into the reasons I feel that way.

Right, but we're having two different conversations here.

I am saying, "this is why people are upset".

And you are saying "Hey, I got what I want, you should stop being upset".

It's good that you got what you want, that is really super. I have a big bag full of gold stars to give you for your amazing personal accomplishment. But just because you got what you want doesn't mean other people saying they didn't get what they want are wrong.

Which is fine as long as you don't mind playing a game that has been completely abandoned by all your friends and has no recently updated community creations, sure, buy a two year old game at a discounted price.

I don't particularly care for the online capabilities of any game, multiplayer or otherwise, and very few of the games I do play are reliant on being played with friends that aren't in the same room as me or even having an online mode in the first place. Thanks for the input though. :(Y):

Right and that's fine; I buy used games all the time knowing I'll never play them online. Some series though really benefit from being able to hop on and play with your mates; I bought a cheap copy of Fifa 11 when Fifa 12 came out because it was cheap, but once I started playing I realized it would be more fun if I could play with the laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaads. So I bought a copy of Fifa 12 for full price.

Some games are better with friends and it's not very fair to say to consumers "if you don't think the game is worth full value, buy it later at a discount" because once that online community is dead, the value of the game drops even further, possibly beyond any discounted price.

It was like going on a blind date and it turns out she hadn't told you she is 17. well fuck that, sure I can just date her next year, but I wanted to date her tonight. Plus she already took my money.

Do your 'dates' often require a monetary transaction before they go out with you?

Cash up front or hands off the merchandise.

• Like 1

This argument is gamer entitlement at it's finest. It boils down to,"we didn't get what we want - oh my god worst game of all time, fuck 2k."

Yet the best part is these people claimimg that those of us who aren't getting the knives out are somehow being selfish because "we got what we wanted"?

Firstly, I'm sure that a lot of us would prefer to have 75 extra caw slots but it's hardly a game breaking decision, especially when they have given a perfectly acceptable reason for it.

Not that it matters, there could be a thousand caw slots and people would still be complaining about something. This is the nature of the business now it seems, people far to quick to criticise something which they have no working knowledge of. Calling the game, "unfinished", "half-assed" etc is frankly ridiculous when people haven't so much as seen a demo of the game, let alone played the full thing.

Almost as ridiculous as this belief that 2k are involved in some conspiracy to take your money. They know people will buy the game regardless so, if they wanted to put out a half assed game, would they really rebuild the entire engine and introduce a new mode that everyone has been crying out for since Smackdown 2?

Agh, that's not what anyone is saying at all. It's "you cut popular features that have been standard for years and your reasoning is you, professional game developers, suck at new hardware?"

As for calling the game unfinished and half-assed: they cut Story Designer, they cut Create-a-Finisher (which admittedly sucked, but could've been improved, it's been in for years), the CAW slots are greatly diminished, and you know there are going to be other problems, it's a WWE game, there's always something that springs up at launch. The lack of a demo or much gameplay footage is not a good thing either.

Again, we'll see, but the whole point is to sell people on the game, and so far they're not doing a great job of it. No, I haven't played it yet, but I've also been pretty familiar with this series for going on 15 years now and this is exactly how it plays out every year, so excuse folks for being a bit cynical.

I'd rather they cut the buggy, shitty features that add very little to the game and have never worked properly and put out a game that's fully functional, has more replay value, and is generally better than what they've given us the past few years, rather than keeping all the stuff like Create A Finisher and a hideously repetitive "Universe Mode" in there out of fear that people who are almost definitely buying the game regardless might complain about it getting removed. Did people complain when they removed the utterly pointless "Create a PPV" mode? I bet they did.

Yes, 25 CAW slots feels like a poor decision, but it's not like they would have arbitrarily cut the number down for no reason. At worst, it's an oversight, and I'd feel pretty petty complaining about that. The game has a great roster, and some great DLC, half of which I'll never play as. I don't need another 100 guys I'll never play as on top of that. Fair enough, some of you like to customise the game to include the entire TNA and ROH rosters, and you're annoyed that you can't...but ultimately, that's not what the game is for.

I'd rather they cut the buggy, shitty features that add very little to the game and have never worked properly and put out a game that's fully functional, has more replay value, and is generally better than what they've given us the past few years, rather than keeping all the stuff like Create A Finisher and a hideously repetitive "Universe Mode" in there out of fear that people who are almost definitely buying the game regardless might complain about it getting removed. Did people complain when they removed the utterly pointless "Create a PPV" mode? I bet they did.

Universe Mode has been improved so you can now apply over 800 (I think that's what I read) storylines to the rivalries you have set up, so it won't be the same old shit over and over.

I'm sure CAF will be back when they make it better. 2K have done a LOT more good with this game (on Xbone/PS4) than bad.

Shit thought it automically added posts on the end of the last one, my bad.

Edited by Fudge

Agh, that's not what anyone is saying at all. It's "you cut popular features that have been standard for years and your reasoning is you, professional game developers, suck at new hardware?"

As for calling the game unfinished and half-assed: they cut Story Designer, they cut Create-a-Finisher (which admittedly sucked, but could've been improved, it's been in for years), the CAW slots are greatly diminished, and you know there are going to be other problems, it's a WWE game, there's always something that springs up at launch. The lack of a demo or much gameplay footage is not a good thing either.

Again, we'll see, but the whole point is to sell people on the game, and so far they're not doing a great job of it. No, I haven't played it yet, but I've also been pretty familiar with this series for going on 15 years now and this is exactly how it plays out every year, so excuse folks for being a bit cynical.

The thing that we keep pointing out, is that none of these features were cut. These features were never in the game to begin with. It's not that they "suck at new hardware". It's that they spent a year building a brand new game, and included the features that they felt were most essential to the gameplay experience. Over the year, they can only do so much.

Because we've had the WWE series on the 360 and PS3, so many people just assume that the move to next-gen is as simple as porting shit over, and it isn't. It's new coding, and it needs to be written from scratch. You can translate the code like a language, but like a language, you're going to lose things in the translation and it's going to be a mess.

They cut Custom Music from the last-gen version of the game. Fact.

It was never in current-gen. Fact.

Neither version has Custom Music, but to say it was cut from the PS4/XB1 is wrong. It was never there. To say they cut it from the last-gen version, and question why, is completely correct and okay.

• Like 4

So 2K are at fault for removing custom music because the consoles only added the feature while the game was in development?

Anyway like the idea of the updated creation suite, considering the quality that was about before hand (essentually doing the same with the in game paint tools) its going to mean alot of fantastic caws for this year and hopefully they can expand and improve as the years go on as they did on the last gen.

If someone was cynical, they may believe that the diminishing of CAW slots may have something to do with the rise of DLC content.

I know video games and consoles are there own unique product, but most other consumer products would be understandably be criticized for limiting or erasing accepted features of the product. This hostile reaction saying that 'consumers feel too entitled for things' is absurd. If McDonalds unveiled the 'new big Mac' was unveiled tomorrow and it involved less hamburger patties, but perhaps a different sauce and new buns, I don't think it would be unacceptable for someone to say "wow, so McDonalds basically just changed it's presentation and limited it's content and is selling me a lesser product" because they've taken away an expected portion of the product that I was used to. Obviously, people would say "well, McDonalds had to do it, because they wanted to make their buns better and we got a new sauce", which is also completely valid.

Consumers have every right to criticize a company for removing features of their product. Companies exist to make money off of selling me a product that I want. Nobody forced the 2K/WWE to venture down the path they did to upgrade the graphics of the product so much at the (alleged) expense of core features that other consumers valued. They made a gamble and it may pay off. But their decision to remove features isn't about fussy or entitled consumers, it is about people expressing their concern that the 2K has made a lesser product because of the conscious decisions that they made.

• Like 2