WWE 2k15

The Buscher

I'm really not - it's people like you who blow it out of proportions talking about homeless people freezing to death trying to make it a bigger deal than it is. My position is "guys, it's really not that bad, and it's still going to be an excellent game so focus on the entire picture" and you boil down to "I want to be confrontational and make wild assumptions all over the place because GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME, 2K SPORTS IS THE NEW EA GAMES".

See? We can all blow things out of proportions - but fuck positivity anyways right?

• Like 4

25 CAWs isn't a dealbreaker. It's just an example of poor decision making, or poor design. The only reason that makes even a little sense is that they'll be used to populate Universe or Career modes and those modes wouldn't be able to handle more. But even then, it'd be easy enough to allocate 25 spots to CAWs that will appear in those modes, then unlimited save spots on the hard drive if you want to keep more for exhibition.

Don't really see how anybody who hasn't even played the game can cite it as a perfect example of "two steps forward, one inconcievable and unnesscessary buttfumble backwards".

Well, I can see why bad PR or questionable statements from developers can make someone sceptical, but I agree that making a final judgement before the game is out is a little rash.

I just don't understand why you are so rabidly anti-consumer. Did your parents die in a stmpede to buy tickle-me-elmos at christmas that one year?

You talk about entitlement but your position on the matter is "hey I got what I wanted, the rest of you should just shut the fuck up", which is basically the most self centered position possible.

You're defensive like we are attacking your child. You don't get that our position isn't borne of malice or hatred but frustration, frustration that something we wanted, and were looking forward to, had the curtain pulled off and isn't what we wanted. It was like going on a blind date and it turns out she hadn't told you she is 17. well fuck that, sure I can just date her next year, but I wanted to date her tonight. Plus she already took my money. I think I would have a right to be pissed off when I drove her back to her dad's house because curfew is 9 pm.

It seems like each year, there is a new subtraction that seems random and arbitrary that takes away what would otherwise be a great package, and it is never presented up front: there is no ign exclusive about stuff they took out, they keep it hidden until people have already paid and recieved their copies. It is deceptive advertising, and disrespectful to people who, otherwise, want their products, and would love to have their products, except a feature that already existed and they enjoyed was cut, and no one mentioned this in any press or marketing until players broke the news. that is underhanded and a cheap attempt to mislead their customers into buying what they will feel, and it is up to them to decide, that it is an incomplete package, and ultimately, a disappointment.

But hey, you got what you wanted, so fuck the rest of us anyway. Bunch of entitled pricks think they can form opinions for themselves and express disappointment. Just a bunch of ungrateful nerds who should be glad to get a substandard product because they only have 8 months to develop the next game and need to hold shit back. How dare we.

• Like 1

The best thing about yearly games is that a new one coming out makes older versions plummet in price. Earlier this year I bought FIFA 12 and WWE 13 for a combined price of maybe £11, and that was before the summer. If I were to have both them both on their release dates I would've had to pay £80. I'm sure I'll get FIFA 13 and WWE 2k14 when my birthday rolls around early next year and pay a fraction of the original price as well.

How is it deceptive though? They had a Q&A and were bombarded by a whole host of questions about the game and they still specifically chose that one to address and answer. That's not deceptive in the least, that's surely about as transparent as it gets short of them releasing a statement going "HEY GUYS ONLY 25 CAWS THIS YEAR! SOZ".

If it was cut, it was cut for a reason. I've said it before in this thread but I don't believe anybody at 2K looked at the game and went "100? Nah, lets cut 75 out." and they've hinted at the reason for it.

• Like 1

Which is fine as long as you don't mind playing a game that has been completely abandoned by all your friends and has no recently updated community creations, sure, buy a two year old game at a discounted price.

Edited by SeanDCouturier

There's no sense of entitlement about it - when I'm stating anything with "I" in relation to this I'm talking about what I am interested and why I'm looking forward to the game. I'm not trying to tell anyone that they should feel the same way, I'm giving insight into the reasons I feel that way.

People coming in and making paranoid assumptions about a company not wanting to put out the best product possible "just so they can add it into the title next year" or flipping shit about some feature that they feel could've been put in "if they tried harder" is asinine and deserves to be called out. It's relatable to your boss coming into your workplace, telling you to do something that he has no clue about and then walking out before you have a chance to explain why that isn't possible. Paint whatever strokes you like, but the entitlement entirely comes from an unwillingness to figure out exactly why something couldn't be included, instead going straight to "well, fuck this game and fuck the people who made it" because something isn't there - and this loops all the way back around to changing too much versus changing too little.

Not once have I ever said, wanted to say or tried to imply that anyone couldn't come in here and say whatever they wanted to. And I'm sorry for whatever is going on that made you decide to take it so fucking personally and launch a crusade against me when there's others that do the exact same thing that I do - but I come in, I say my piece and I forget about it. I don't hold any vendetta against people who aren't going to play the game. As far as me being "selfish" the only thing that makes me not care about whether or not other people get it, essentially has to do with the fact that I don't play multiplayer and no one elses enjoyment or otherwise of the product is really going to really change what I do with it. So pretty much the opposite of what you're implying about me.

This happens in just about every game thread we have (and not just here of course) - people jump all over the first thing and start flashing the warning light without a further explanation, even if something is based off a rumor and there's absolutely no reason to do that especially before a game comes out. There's being a consumerist and then there's being over alarmist about absolutely everything. And if I or anyone else decides to counter point to that - no one is going to burst down your door, unplug your keyboard, hit you with it and tell you they're coming back for the lobotomy later.

If it was cut, it was cut for a reason. I've said it before in this thread but I don't believe anybody at 2K looked at the game and went "100? Nah, lets cut 75 out." and they've hinted at the reason for it.

Exactly. They've flat out said why in that extended Q&A portion that was posted. I mean, fuck me for listening to what they've said and stating "hey guys, it's probably not anything malicious - why does that make any sense?" when I should be eyeing every person who leaves FutureShop without a new video game in their hand.

• Like 2

Which is fine as long as you don't mind playing a game that has been completely abandoned by all your friends and has no recently updated community creations, sure, buy a two year old game at a discounted price.

I don't particularly care for the online capabilities of any game, multiplayer or otherwise, and very few of the games I do play are reliant on being played with friends that aren't in the same room as me or even having an online mode in the first place. Thanks for the input though. :(Y):

The thing to remember here is that the operating system that's used for PS4 and Xbox One is far different to the system used in the last gen.

Games coming out for PS4 and Xbox One need to be viewed as new titles for that reason.

If they include something this year, it works fine and everybody likes it... and next year it's inexplicably absent... then yes, you can make a claim that they're taking steps backward. What's been changed or removed for 2k15 was done by 2k because they couldn't code it properly for the current-gen system right out of the gate. This was the same case with NHL 15, and because it was stuff that impacts how I play the game, I still haven't picked that one up. That doesn't mean that the game was bad, or that EA Sports purposely fucked us over. They didn't. It's just not worth $70 to me.

The thing that is driving us crazy here, is how many people feel the need to rip on developers and spread their cancerous bullshit all over the place because they're ignorant to how this works. Changing platforms isn't some magical thing where you can just port over your game and it works brilliantly. It's different coding. 2k also made a conscious decision to start from scratch with the franchise, because every year we complain about how much of the game doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

Each wrestler in the game takes considerably more memory usage than in previous generations, and because of that, we are limited to 25 created wrestlers this year. Next year, there will probably be more... but it's not a marketing ploy. It's simple development and coding. They need to make it feasible to have more than that, without breaking the game, before they can give us those slots back.

Opinions are fine, one way or the other, but the over-reactions and the unwillingness to entertain the idea that these companies aren't trying to rip us off is ignorant. I'll say the same thing I've said a million times. If what they're giving us isn't worth the price they're charging, speak with your wallet and don't buy it. No one is forcing your $70 out of your bank account... and no one is removing features so that you'll feel the $70 is worth it next year.

I don't think anyone believes 2K is twirling their collective mustache, laughing gleefully as they cut down the number of CAW slots, they're just rightfully annoyed that popular features are getting cut.

Yeah, it's a jump to new consoles, but if that's their excuse, they're expecting people to pay full price for a game that isn't finished. 2K is a massive company, not some band of plucky developers just trying to make it, if they can't figure out how to adapt to new consoles, then they're releasing a half-assed product.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope it turns out to be a good game, but it sounds like yet another disappointment.

• Like 1

Honestly though, everyone who is getting so upset before the game is even out have already made up their mind that it's going to suck. I understand they're limiting something, but at the same time they've enhanced a lot. So many people are already so riled up and outraged they're already going to come into it expecting the worst. No matter how amazing any game is, there's always going to be people out there with the "yeah, but..." attitude. Nothing will ever make literally every single person happy I guess. If you're coming into the game thinking you'll be disappointed, you probably will. Most of the complaints so far basically say "If it's not exactly what I want, it sucks."

Edited by BuddyAwesome