WWE 2k15

The Buscher

• 2 weeks later...

There's a 2011 Sheamus, Mark Henry and Randy Orton with a few different attires but otherwise yeah, only completely new additions are those two. Not really anything else in that story for them to have added really if I recall, besides Brodus Clay since he was involved at Extreme Rules but obviously he's gone now so y'know. There's a few arenas too, 2011 Smackdown, Capitol Punishment, Extreme Rules I think too, maybe a few others.

Apart from the Ultimate Warrior one I'm disappointed with their choices for the showcase dlcs anyway. I was wishing for more retro stuff and instead we get storylines that aren't even 5 years old. There is so much fun to be had with the showcase mode but they waste it on something so mundane as Christian and Henry.

Edited by Hellraiser

As much as I'm enjoying the game, I'm feeling a little bit like I shouldn't have bought the season's pass now that I have re-acquired an Xbox 360. Not because I'm not playing it or anything, but I keep thinking about how awesome it would be to have those 100 CAW slots, arenas and belts to have my own custom universe.

Then I downloaded the One More Match DLC and it's good fun, but at 9 chapters clocks in as the shortest of the three active Showcases, and this is something that we paid extra for. I kind of figured it would be around the same length, so that kinda sucks.

I think more than anything, it's that I'm just not that interested in this roster, and I don't have the freedom I would want to really get into Universe (though it's available on the 360 version).

But I paid for the Season's Pass, and dammit, I want to invoke the gods of destrucity!

It has been confirmed that the "Hall Of Pain" showcase will be released on February 17th. It will include another Mark Henry, another Big Show, another Sheamus, another Daniel Bryan, another Randy Orton as well as the Usos, The Great Kahli, Ryback and Kane. We'll also get another SmackDown 2011 Arena as well as the Vengeance 2011 arena and WrestleMania 29. So the only good thing about this is that the new Kane will be bald so we'll finally be able to create Corporate kane. I was half expecting them to throw another Alberto Del Rio in just for shits and giggles. What the fuck 2K? The showcase could've been a great way to get more legends into the game but instead you give us duplicates on top of duplicates.

"Showcase" was never designed to be an excuse to give you more wrestlers, though, it was a means to play through old stories. It makes far more sense to focus on people who are actually relevant. The Warrior one is a fun concept, but how many people - apart from me - were really crying out for General Adnan to be in a game in 2015?

• Like 1

"Showcase" was never designed to be an excuse to give you more wrestlers, though, it was a means to play through old stories. It makes far more sense to focus on people who are actually relevant. The Warrior one is a fun concept, but how many people - apart from me - were really crying out for General Adnan to be in a game in 2015?

1. The Ultimate Warrior is the most interesting Showcase of the bunch

2. If that is the case couldn't they pick something more interesting than One More Match or Hall Of Pain?

I'd say the opposite actually.

• Warrior's is just a series of matches no? While the others are actually stories?
  • We had two years with loads of retro content 30YOWM/Attitude..
  • Its a yearly release so having something quite contemporary is nice, at the same time Christian (maybe Henry) might not be around much longer so its as good a time as any.
  • Who in their right mind doesn't want Hall of Pain? Its basically 'Mark Henry mode' - I cannot argue with this.

I'd much rather have something like the Warrior DLC where I play the biggest matches of the career of a superstar than those contemporary storylines. For me it is much more fun to play with the legends than re-playing two storylines i didn't particularly care for even when they were happening. I really hope that they use the Showcase mode as a way to give us legends instead of them taking away roster spots for the current guys. And even if they do contemporary stuff could they at least choose two storylines that don't have that much duplicates?

• Admin

I imagine theres also a factor of choosing storylines where you can get the rights to all the relevant characters. Using duplicates of people you already have rights to is a lot easier.

It's one thing ignoring Brodus Clay in One More Match, or skipping the WM20 match in HHH / HBK, than it would be to do , say, a Edge & Christians's tag run or Steve Austin vs The Hart Foundation

• Like 1