Rik Mayall passes away

probablyoliver

I'm genuinely gutted by this news. He was such a great comedian, and seemed to bring a natural energy to things that hasn't really been matched. :(.

Rik Mayall was amazing, it is so unfortunate he didn't become a bigger deal really. Hell, I remember when I was 16 I heard he was becoming the new face of Hammer Horror and got really excited.

Fuck.

He was in so many things I watched when I was growing up. He inspired me to make penis jokes and pretend to hit people. At one point I could recite all of Bottom Live, I had watched it so much.

I don't normally get upset over celebrities dying, but this one got to me.

Actor and long-time friend Adrian Edmondson said of Rik Mayall: "There were times when Rik and I were writing together when we almost died laughing. They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him.

"And now he's died for real. Without me. Selfish b*****d."

• Like 3

Me and my friends loved The Young Ones when we were younger. Rik was my favorite

I loved the Young Ones. Watched it all the time, to the point where I always say "It's only University Challenge, Rick, it's only University Challenge!" every time I hear Ace of Spades.

RIP Rik.

Caught the local news earlier and the guy who got RATM to Christmas number one is at it again to get Rik Mayall's Noble England from the last World Cup to to number one for the world cup

The guy behind the RATM Christmas #1 is a woman btw. :shifty:

She tweeted when Mayall's death was announced that doing photos for this single was her first professional photography job.