Rik Mayall passes away

probablyoliver

Horribly sad. I know he'd not been well for a long time, but it's a tremendous shame. When I was a kid my brother brought me up The Young Ones, Bottom and Blackadder, so he always had a special place in my comedy upbringing. Lord Flashheart was wonderful.

I got into The Young Ones a couple years ago, and then watched the seasons of Blackadder he was in shortly after. He was fucking hilarious and it's a shame he's passed.

• Admin

Aww, sad news - one of my favourite comedians. Young Ones, Bottom, New Statesman & Comic Strip were all great, even Filthy Rich & Catflap had its moments, and his guest turns in Blackadder & Jonathan Creek were highlights too.

RIP Rik

Absolutely devastating news. I'm not usually affected by celebrity deaths that much, but Rik Mayall played a massive, massive part in shaping my sense of humour. I grew up watching Bottom and The Young Ones on repeat.

I can't believe he's dead, considering how close we got to essentially a fourth series of Bottom just recently. RIP. :crying:

Yes! Flashheart in Blackadder was always amazing. I was never fussed about Bottom or The Young Ones, but thats the role I always think of.

Absolutely devastating news. I'm not usually affected by celebrity deaths that much, but Rik Mayall played a massive, massive part in shaping my sense of humour. I grew up watching Bottom and The Young Ones on repeat.

I can't believe he's dead, considering how close we got to essentially a fourth series of Bottom just recently. RIP. :crying:

Yeah I remember being overjoyed at the prospect of another series of Bottom and then :( and now this :crying:

This is shit news. I loved the Bottom Live shows especially. So over the top, they were great.

Granted it wasn't Rik but I remember on one of those Bottom live shows, Adrian made a crack at people that came from Liverpool and someone reacted in the audience and Adrian said "so we have some scousers in the audience? Sod off and go steal something." Made me laugh. Anything those two did made me laugh.