EWBFL PS4 Online League

DYSI

Just BARELY escaped St. Louis with a win, 24-21. Early turnovers (including yet another INT on a streak pass downfield...why do I bother?) cost me some early scoring opportunities and nearly came back to haunt me. I injured Sam Bradford but it didn't matter as Shaun Hill effortlessly carved me up. On my final drive the Rams stopped me 3 and out in my own territory and used all their timeouts. Went to punt on 4th and inches but when I saw how short it really was I decided to take a huge risk and just go for it as I envisioned Hill continuing to destroy my secondary. So I call the most obvious play ever: goalline package, QB sneak. And the Rams simply line up in their 4-3 defense and basically hand me the first down. OK then.

Anyway, big win considering my schedule. I play against Peyton next, have 3 more user games, plus the 2 Seattle games. Seeing as Seattle is not likely to lose any games against the CPU, a 6-0 start is no guarantee I'll even win the division.

Got back on track with a dominant win over the Ravens. Flacco had pressure in his face all game but I didn't manage to turn that into INTs - although I did have a handful of sacks. Still can't seem to get Doug Martin going at all, with him barely getting over 2.5 a carry.

I'm going to pick up WR Brandon Lloyd because after Jackson and Evans they're all garbage.

I'm sorry there's some personal stuff going on in my life and I cant commit to this atm. But I hope to be back in a few weeks time so I can play properly.

WEEK SEVEN _

Deadline: Monday, October 13th @ 3 PM EST

New York Jets @ New England Patriots (Toe)

Atlanta Falcons (LL) @ Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals @ Indianapolis Colts (Cole)

Miami Dolphins @ Chicago Bears (Srar)

New Orleans Saints (Hugar) @ Detroit Lions (DM)*

New York Giants (Essa) @ Dallas Cowboys

Houston Texans (Pepsi) @ Pittsburgh Steelers

San Francisco 49ers (Kbusch) @ Denver Broncos

BYE: Philadelphia Eagles (Pat) and Tampa Bay Buccaneers (DYSI)

With DM on auto-pilot until further notice there's no User games for the first time this season. :(

• Like 1

That game I just had...just...holy crap.

Started off looking very much like a game I was destined to lose. Kap throws picks to linebackers in like 2 of his first 4 completions. Managed to hold Denver to FGs both times. Kap throws a 3rd pick into the end zone midway through the 2nd. Finally get a TD run to somehow take a 7-6 lead at the half. Second half - Broncos force me to go 3 and out and score immediately to move up 12-7. They stupidly go for 2 (way too early for it) and I break it up. First play from scrimmage, Kap throws ANOTHER pick, this one a pick 6. It stands even though the replays clearly showed the ball hit the ground. 19-7. I'm pissed off at this point. Put together a good drive that stalls, go for it on 4th since I assume I'm screwed if I don't score. Turnover on downs. I force a 3 and out and manage to score. 19-14. One score game and I have all 3 timeouts but there's only like 3 minutes left.

Broncos drive to the 40 yard line. My defense, which led the league in sacks but had none on the night, comes up with a huge one on 3rd down. Sweet - with a huge wind against them I forced them to punt, right? Nope - the Denver offense goes for the jugular on 4th and I BARELY break up the pass. Somehow I put together a drive right down to the 1 yard line and I drained the clock to 90 seconds and went up 20-19. I go for 2, call a 3-WR play...defense lines up in their normal formation so I call timeout and call for an I-Formation FB handoff but sadly the Broncos defense smartened up and went to the goal line D. I audible into a play-action pass. Davis wide open....but apparently QB automatic control is on or something because Kap inexplicably throws it 5 yards behind him to Gore and suffice to say I don't score. Still 20-19.

My defense comes up with 3 sacks on the Broncos' final drive to end it.

Sorry for the detailed write-up but just...damn. Went from being one of my most frustrating Madden games ever to one of the most exciting. Glad I have a bye next week.

• Like 2