EWBFL PS4 Online League

DYSI

Would anyone mind if I just staring playing as one of the legends you can select as a player? No real desire to play defense at the moment, considering how absurd CPU offenses are.

Huh? No idea what that even is. <_< Did you give the new speed a try? I lowered it from Normal to Slow for this week to see if it would help any.

I mean I'm going to bring Dan Marino or someone in and play as a QB only, GOD DYSI PAY ATTENTION

Well this game is an absolute disaster. Closing out the fourth quarter in about a minute, I threw about a billion picks and had most major offensive players out with injury at some point in the game. First two drives ended in a pick and a fumble. Easily the worst game of Madden I've had.

Final: 45-17. Including 28(!) second quarter points.

I pretty much gave up in the third, when even the games glitches started conspiring against me (at one point I called an audible, then had to take a timeout because I couldn't snap the ball. Not long after, Foles got a snap and then slow-mo dropped back to the one, and killed any chance of a comeback attempt.)

Edited by PatDaMan
  • Like 1

Yeah I've had that random glitch happen too where I can't snap the ball. So annoying and hopefully it gets patched soon. Anyway I couldn't believe I held up that well especially when I saw you played as the real Eagles with no-huddle, tough to get my audibles in order but thankfully Patrick Willis has stickum on his gloves or something. When I got that pick with like 20 seconds left in the first half and turned it into a TD I knew I pretty much had it in the bag as long as I didn't make any dumb mistakes, and then promptly threw the pick 6 to open the 3rd. Kap scares the hell out of me, he seems incapable of throwing passes to outside slant receivers and every time I run with him I'm paranoid of an injury as I'll then be stuck with Blaine Gabbert.

Speaking of injuries, crazy how many there were. Glad none of yours were severe. With injuries piling up so much I just felt I had to pull my starters in garbage time. Can't lie though that I popped when Marcus Lattimore's first career handoff wound up going 37 yards for a TD. I hope that ends up being his statline for the whole season.

I put a thumping on the Redskins 38-7. I threw for four touchdowns with my backup QB but then he got hurt immediately making me happy to have signed thad Lewis. I didn't want to risk him getting hurt too so I ran the ball the rest of the game. I was able to pick up 140 yards with Jennings and another 40 with Hillis. My defense was solid. Gave up a big touchdown of like 80 yards but otherwise pretty much shut them down. Had a bunch of sacks and a couple interceptions.

Yeah I've had that random glitch happen too where I can't snap the ball. So annoying and hopefully it gets patched soon. Anyway I couldn't believe I held up that well especially when I saw you played as the real Eagles with no-huddle, tough to get my audibles in order but thankfully Patrick Willis has stickum on his gloves or something. When I got that pick with like 20 seconds left in the first half and turned it into a TD I knew I pretty much had it in the bag as long as I didn't make any dumb mistakes, and then promptly threw the pick 6 to open the 3rd. Kap scares the hell out of me, he seems incapable of throwing passes to outside slant receivers and every time I run with him I'm paranoid of an injury as I'll then be stuck with Blaine Gabbert.

Speaking of injuries, crazy how many there were. Glad none of yours were severe. With injuries piling up so much I just felt I had to pull my starters in garbage time. Can't lie though that I popped when Marcus Lattimore's first career handoff wound up going 37 yards for a TD. I hope that ends up being his statline for the whole season.

Haha yeah I thought for sure the Jordan Matthews injury would end up being serious when he couldn't come back. Not having McCoy hurts, too, but at least I get Kendricks back for week 5.

The Steelers D and running game really killed me here. Glennon threw a pick six, a crucial pick that lead to a FG, and a game ending pick with 15 seconds left when I could've been in FG range to tie. :(

The running game for both teams are pretty far apart though. Doug Martin had under 2 a carry and all the Steelers RBs were over five, it was like everytime they needed a first down they picked it up with a run. It probably had a lot to do with Big Ben being out for the game after the first quarter and changing the way the CPU calls plays, but still it was almost obvious that they were going convert the third down with a first down run. How's the running game feel for everyone else? I can't really comment on the passing game since Bruce Gradkowski is god awful.

Apparently this game didn't save because it says I've still yet to play... odd.

Still left to play: DM and Cole.

I haven't been online to play my game and won't be until tomorrow after class at 1pm, if that's an issue then I'll have to be simmed. I will play tmrw at roughly 1pm though. Just haven't been in any shape too as I have a black eye and some broken ribs, long story.

I won't complain either way, whatever works.

Signing on and playing my game now, thanks guys.

Edited by Cole

WEEK FIVE _

Deadline: Sunday, October 5th @ 12 PM EST

Buffalo Bills @ Detroit Lions (DM)

Baltimore Ravens @ Indianapolis Colts (Cole)

Cleveland Browns (Maxx) @ Tennessee Titans

Chicago Bears (Srar) @ Carolina Panthers

Houston Texans (Pepsi) @ Dallas Cowboys

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (DYSI) @ New Orleans Saints (Hugar)

Atlanta Falcons (LL) @ New York Giants (Essa)

St. Louis Rams @ Philadelphia Eagles (Pat)

Kansas City Chiefs @ San Francisco 49ers (Kbusch)

New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers (RFP)

Cincinnati Bengals @ New England Patriots (Toe)

I extended the deadline another day before the early game kickoffs but that might change to before the late games depending if I'm around or not. So what time is good for you, Hugar? I'm EST btw.

• Like 1

I'll get my game in early this time, lost to the Titans (0-3 before) after two or three pick 6's early in the game. I couldn't come back or stop Dexter McCluster from breaking off a few big runs either. Haven't been playing at all other than my games for this so it's starting to show :lol: oh well.