Football Manager 2015

Dan

Does anyone use multiple tactics slots for the same formation, but with different instructions? With lower league clubs I'm finding I haven't really got the players for multiple formations so I'm just using the same one, but with different instructions for home, away, or away that I feel we should win.

• Like 1

I don't generally but that's because my tweaks for home/away/etc, are relatively quick to apply and other differences tend to depend more on the specific players I have available, so I just tweak them as and when.

On that note, I will never get over how 8 weeks' holiday during the summer break somehow sets all your tactics preparation back down nearly to zero (HOW CAN YOU FORGET HOW TO PLAY 4-3-3? YOU'VE BEEN USING IT FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS STRAIGHT! etc.). Just seems stupid.

• Like 3

What is the match engine like on the beta so far? Hoping for an improvement from last year as I felt it was the worst one there has been, due to some of the stupid things that would happen.

I don't think I can play this at the time being - the goals scored numbers are just a little ludicrous at the moment, both for and against. Doesn't feel at all right.

I've played 15+ hours in starting and re-starting games to have a look, and had no clean sheets.

It's a big problem in league 2, the goals scored at the same point in the season are 20 ahead of in real life for the teams at the top and bottom of the league. The last round of games in my division:

8-3

4-3

4-1
4-1

3-1

3-1

3-1

3-0

2-0

2-0

1-1

1-0

The round of games before that:

5-3

4-2

3-3

3-0

3-0

2-1

2-1

2-0

2-0

2-1

1-1

0-0

So games featuring 11 goals, 8 goals, 7 goals, 6 goals etc but just one 0-0 draw and one 1-0 win.

Compare that to the last 2 rounds of games in real life:

2-0

2-2

2-1

2-1

1-0

1-1

3-0

2-1

1-1

1-0

1-1

1-1

And:

3-1

0-0

1-2

3-4

2-1

3-1

1-1

1-0

3-1

3-2

5-0

0-0

FM is churning out 91 goals in 2 weekends, in real life we saw 66 over the past 2 weekends. That's about standard for a round of matches in my division on FM too.

Edited by Dan

I'm blaming the match engine.

*defender lumps ball forward to tiny striker*

Retain Possession

Shorter Passing

Player instruction - pass shorter

Play out of defence

Drops player back to DMC as an outlet

Subs on tall striker

*defender plays nothing pass into midfield and stands still as ball is returned overhead and tucked into net by opposition striker*

• Like 1