Bloodborne

Maxx

Yeah, it really fucking bummed me out. I thought it was kind of unfair that these hulking figures would spin in place and make it damn near impossible to get behind them. It's fair enough if they're attacking and giving me a chance, but in Lords of the Fallen there was a lot of them just chilling and waiting for me to attack... so I couldn't get behind and couldn't even wait until they went for me.

Yeah, it really fucking bummed me out. I thought it was kind of unfair that these hulking figures would spin in place and make it damn near impossible to get behind them. It's fair enough if they're attacking and giving me a chance, but in Lords of the Fallen there was a lot of them just chilling and waiting for me to attack... so I couldn't get behind and couldn't even wait until they went for me.

Quit yapping and start hunting Tickles!!

The Souls/Bloodborne games are paced quicker than Lords was.

There was a feeling in Lords every time I died where.. I could tell that I was going to die, it was going to come and I was kind of powerless to do anything due to the length and speed of the animations at times, and the tactics of the enemy and that was the wrong kind of frustrating. You can die absolutely out of no where at times (just because I say that, don't think it happens ALL the time or that it's unavoidable) but it's the kind of thing that makes you want to actually play it again and overcome that. You feel like the game WORLD beat you and not the game MECHANICS.

I accidentally rang the beckoning bell in the area with the two hunters to the right of Amelia and someone joined my game. Then I couldn't go any further in that direction, so I figured I'd just got knock off Amelia, and then a second person dropped in, so I just stood behind Amelia and used the flamesprayer while they hacked away at her for 20 seconds. A little underwhelming :shifty:

Yeah, I feel it would've been fairly simple without the overlevelling. Combination of oil urns, molotovs and the fire paper I had left from Old Yharnham.

Still, I figure I'm going to pour all of my blood echoes into Arcane and Bloodtinge for the time being, keep myself well-rounded for the next portion of the game. Also did you say things get a little harder after Amelia? I noticed the moon's a little higher in the sky now.

It should be night time, so enemies get a bit tougher, or they are just different enemies. Your insight level will also play a role in how difficult enemies are and when they pop up.

Also, you can get the doll's outfit as an armor set.

Defeated the Hemwick Witches today, and it's the first boss fight in Bloodborne that's been pretty dull. I don't want my boss fights to be against waves of regular dudes with the actual boss spending most of the time invisible, I want them to be against giant eldritch ambominations. The next one best be some giant fucking disgusting thing made of toes or felopian tubes or something gross is all I'm saying.

I think a trip through the Forbidden Woods might cure what ails ya. Definitely the most Resident Evil 4-ish place I've encountered so far. Plus secret passages full of poison water and crazy hookworm thingies that can take you all the way back to the clinic the game started in!

I think the boss battle against Micolash has been the worst one to date. Nothing like spending the final half of that fight just chucking throwable items at him since he'll just teleport away if you try and attack him normally.