Bloodborne

Maxx

I think a trip through the Forbidden Woods might cure what ails ya. Definitely the most Resident Evil 4-ish place I've encountered so far. Plus secret passages full of poison water and crazy hookworm thingies that can take you all the way back to the clinic the game started in!

I got caught by a snatcher on purpose as I figured I wanted to check out the gaol and I've heard it's inaccessable after a certian point.

Also I read up on the story and the lore a bit today and holy shit, this game is rad.

I think my favourite enemy is those massive pig things. They're piss easy to evade, even easier to kill and they always give a metric fuck-ton of echoes.

Also I think I found out why I found the last 3 bosses so horrendously easy to kill, there's apparently an issue with a 'memory leak' in the game which if you leave Bloodborne running and the PS4 in rest mode for 12+ hours, the bosses 'forget' their movesets and just flail around mindlessly with one attack. That was almost definitely true of my fight with Blood Starved Beast and considering the Witches didn't actually do anything but spawn more baddies for me to fight, so I'll chalk that one up to the bug too.

I'm taking full credit for Vicar Amelia though, I bossed the fuck out of her. :shifty:

But yeah, there's a patch coming by the end of the month apparently which will deal with that and loading times primarily, so that's good news.

Its tricky, but try catching the attention of only one, if you sneak up close one usually will agro before the other. If that fails, run like hell past them, with vigorous amounts of rolling.

I was doing good on the two of them, I agrro'd one and then the stupid idiot that was glitched into a wall glitched free and basically teleported to me. I even had the first one down a lot due to perfecting the shot to stun him technique, but no good. I got my Echoes back and paused for the night but I'm going in again me thinks.

I've been stuck on those two witches near where Vicar Amelia is. The thing I love about Bloodborne is I can't really moan at the game because if I die it's because I fucked up and let myself get attacked.

Classic example being with the witches in getting over confident and attacking at will rather then when the time is right. Haven't played it for a while cause I've been playing Dragonball but will fire this back up after work.

In the Gaol. From the lamp go down the stairs, past the two scuttling witches who brick you in the head, through the cells where some Yharnamites are waiting and then past the two Snatchers and Paarl's waiting for you at the end of a corridor.

Completely optional, only drops a badge which let's you buy the electric weapon, which is entirely redundant because it's a free pick-up on the other side of the Gaol, but hey, still a fun fight I guess.

Game very much puts me more in mind of Demon's rather than Dark Souls, what with the Nexus like Hunter's Dream, the lack of bonfires and estus. Interesting that since I did see people speculate prior to the PS4 launch that Demon's Souls 2 would make for a good exclusive and I guess maybe we got that in a way.

Bit of a struggle at first but I eventually vanquished Father Gazza and then went on from there and found old Yharma, is it? Some guy was all like 'Piss off' and I'm like 'lol, no' and then he starts shooting at me with a turret so I'm all 'fuck that noise'.

I went with the pimp cane at the start because the starting clobber makes you look fairly dapper and I thought the cane would match that well. Of course I ditched the clothes fairly after so that didn't help but I like the dual sword/whip thing the cane has going on. Makes a change from the hand axe I was rocking through Demon's and Dark. Maybe I'll bump up my Skill points for now and hopefully come across other skill based weapons later, never really went that route before either. I was always tanking it with shields so the gun thing here is another big change for me. Pretty cool though to just shoot some big bastard as he's rearing up and then shank him as he reels back.

In the small graveyard to the left of Cathedral Ward there's a top hat you can get. I'm trying to get into Cainhurst Castle, there's many g-g-g-ghosts and now I have a elegant princess dress that my bearded hunter can wear.