Bloodborne

Maxx

My base level of advice for the Souls series is to always respect your enemy and maintain your concentration. Even when you come to regard something as fodder and you can take them out in just a hit or two, you could still end up swarmed by them if you just stroll by not giving a fuck or wade into battle with too many guys at once.

• Like 1

I'd also say expect to die and die plenty of times. It's chances to learn how certain enemies attack and their patterns of movement.

Also I'd say learn the range of your weapon of choice. If you attack from distance and end up missing you've left yourself open

So I pulled the trigger on a preowned copy. Played Dark Souls once for about 20 minutes and hated it, other than that I'm a total newbie. Any tips or just I just dive in?

It´s Dark Souls in fast. You don´t hide behind your shield any more, instead you dodge a lot and got the opertunety to win your health back when you atack fast enough after you got hit. The rest is more or less the same, you die a lot, you repeat a lot and after a while you wonder why that happened to you while you breeze through the old sections again. :D

First shot at the Shadow of Yharnam and I died in seconds.

Second shot I went in calmer, more collected and with an actual strategy in mind and BOOM! Another boss down. As far as I can see I've now got a choice between the Nightmare Frontier and Byrgenworth. Neither sounds particularly pleasant.

Second shot I went in calmer, more collected and with an actual strategy in mind and BOOM! Another boss down. As far as I can see I've now got a choice between the Nightmare Frontier and Byrgenworth. Neither sounds particularly pleasant.

Just got up to that bit then. Managed to take two of them out leaving only the mage one left. Hiding behind big stone pillers helped as well

Spunked all my souls on Vitality and ventured into the place I pussied out of in the first place to find it was indeed a boss; The Witch of Hemiwck. Nothing too bad compared to what I went through with some of the other bosses, beat it first time.

Bought the Kirkhammer to have a mess around with since 3000 seems pretty disposable. Nice that it gives you a sword but couldn't see myself using the hammer part of it, much too slow. Actually growing to rather like the Axe thing, particularly the two handed version of it. Proved very useful during the witch fight.

Ludwig's Holy Blade is the best thing I've come across, it's just so lovely and pretty much a slightly speedier version of the Kirkhammer. The Rifle Spear is my number two right now, but I'm not sure how long that'll last.

Just got up to that bit then. Managed to take two of them out leaving only the mage one left. Hiding behind big stone pillers helped as well

If you're stuck I'd suggest getting rid of the mage first as the whole homing fire balls things is a pain.

So i found this enemie in an area hidden behind crates, it´s not a boss but it talks to me and kills me in seconds. It wears kind of a... bird mask i guess. it´s pretty much when you go right instead of downstairs after the place were the dog kennels are. Yes, i am very accurate.

Spunked all my souls on Vitality and ventured into the place I pussied out of in the first place to find it was indeed a boss; The Witch of Hemiwck. Nothing too bad compared to what I went through with some of the other bosses, beat it first time.

Bought the Kirkhammer to have a mess around with since 3000 seems pretty disposable. Nice that it gives you a sword but couldn't see myself using the hammer part of it, much too slow. Actually growing to rather like the Axe thing, particularly the two handed version of it. Proved very useful during the witch fight.

The hammer IS pretty much the reason to use it since it pancakes and is capable of stunlocking enemies.

Ludwig's Holy Blade is much better at that though in my opinion, because you get a staggering thrust attack BEFORE the pancake.

So i found this enemie in an area hidden behind crates, it´s not a boss but it talks to me and kills me in seconds. It wears kind of a... bird mask i guess. it´s pretty much when you go right instead of downstairs after the place were the dog kennels are. Yes, i am very accurate.

Ohh.. you just messed up an important quest line. That's Eileen the Crow and you're supposed to talk to her. At this point you have pretty much no chance of killing her.. you're supposed to talk to her at 3 or 4 different locations. If you can't target something, it's an NPC that you can meet in the world.

Ludwig's Holy Blade is the best thing I've come across, it's just so lovely and pretty much a slightly speedier version of the Kirkhammer. The Rifle Spear is my number two right now, but I'm not sure how long that'll last.

If you're stuck I'd suggest getting rid of the mage first as the whole homing fire balls things is a pain.

Oh no I done it first time (Not sure how) I kept thinking I should get rid of the mage but ended up behind some piller taking out the other two. At least with the mage on its own if you get in close to him you can take him out pretty easy as he'll be too busy trying to back away.