Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

He just stopped coming on EWB, didn't he? No real reason given though.

I seem to remember he was moving in with his girlfriend/fiancée, he's probably too busy making mini-Starvinhos.

Nothing at Liverpool speaks of moving forward to that goal though. Man Utd have been in the CL forever and reacted quickly to not being in it and then qualify again immediately, Liverpool have show that they aren't generally moving in an upward direction in the past few seasons with the exception of 13/14. There squad doesn't look exciting and you have murmurs and more of players not being happy with contract offers (Skrtel) and wanting to leave the club for bigger things (Stirling) as well as actually having players doing that in the recent past (Suarez).

The general feel of Liverpool FC at the minute is not one of positive improvement, at best it's one of stagnation, at worst, there a slightly sinking ship.Taking your "We're the 8th richest club in the world£ shtick doesn't really hold when the 10th richest club in the world (AC Milan) have been on a slide with an unimpressive squad, poor transfers and generally not living up to their past glories. And several clubs in the top 20 richest clubs are not performing well or are West Ham and Newcastle :shifty:

Quite frankly there is nothing exciting about Liverpool as a club at the moment from the outside, and a lot of players will look at that and ask what is the point of them going to join a club who do not appear to be challenging for trophies.

And it is the job of the people trying to get players to sign to convince them a club is worth it. Being able to offer players good money is a start and with all due respect to your examples of West Ham and Newcastle there's probably more value in Liverpool (and AC Milan tbf) as a brand than either of them.

We can spin the same facts round and round all day but we'll get nowhere. My point is Liverpool need to react to change things to turn stuff around. A ruthless pursuit of a major signing would be very good for changing the atmosphere round the club. The money is likely there. Whether the personnel are there to get it is another thing (although Twitter rumblings of Ian Ayre being sacked seem to be making the rounds this evening).

• Like 1

He just stopped coming on EWB, didn't he? No real reason given though.

I seem to remember he was moving in with his girlfriend/fiancée, he's probably too busy making mini-Starvinhos.

I still have him on facebook, but never really asked in case he stopped coming on for personal reasons.

That's what I saw Harry Redknapp tweet so I'll believe it when I see it.

He'd be a great signing for Swansea.

I, like many other Albion fans, would like to see us move for Micah Richards. It means we could bring Craig Dawson back inside to centre half where he was getting better and better with Lescott by his side, and still have a strong player at right back who can be coached into doing a certain role in our back four.

John Guidetti is available too. He could be decent cover for Berahino and Ideye (who I still don't want to see leave the club), and dare I say it...Victor Anichebe *shudders*.

Central defender Tomas Kalas (best known for getting his first PL start in the Gerrard-slip game at Anfield and keeping a clean sheet LIKE A BOSS) is expected to return to Middlesbrough on loan next season, having previously joined the club on loan last winter.

Nathan "actually not Ruud Gullit's son" Ake is another Chelsea player for whom Boro is a likely loan destination this year.