Old games you still love to play

JasonM

I still like to do a play through of MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries every few months or so. Something about mowing down walking tanks with the Fafnir's twin Heavy Gauss rifles is very satisfying to me.

• Like 1

Another few games popped up in my mind.

One is TMNT: Turtles in Time, back in the day a friend of mine had a SNES (I had a NES), and after school I'd hang out at his place and we'd just play Turtles in Time for hours upon end until his parents decided we had played enough and had to actually go outside for a change. Pretty sure back then we never beat the game, but we still boot it up on the emulator a couple of times per year when we meet up and try to refind our strategies and still beat the game.

Also, on that note I was the one to have a NES (this is mid 90's mind, so it wasn't the most technical device). And I personally had Kirby's: Adventure. The game was so big in terms of levels, challenging, and had insane variety with various minigames like a crane game and a quick-draw game where you could earn points and 1-up's. I have put many hours into it and I still love to boot it up on the emulator to play through it. Some levels are extremely memorable, just like some bosses like the Colluseum level where you fight Wheelie.

I also had Mario Bros 3, but personally it never came up to the level of Kirby's Adventure in my personal opinion.

Parasite Eve (ps2) ... for some reason that's the RPG that drew me in. Loved it and played it over and over until the disk cracked and wouldn't play anymore.

7th Guest

Myst

Freedom Fighters

Theatre Europe .... it was downright awesome, but man, the first time you make that ACTUAL phone call (mind you I was like 7 or 8 the first time I played this)

Dino Crisis

SoulCalibur

.... man, I could list dozens more. Basically I miss "the good old days"

Digimon World. I've had it since it was new and I've still never beat it. Also Namco Museum because I love the museum aspect. A lot of those old games are really cool to learn about.

• Like 1

The original SimCity, Goldeneye and NBA Live '96 spring to mind. If I could find Hardball 6, I'd play that way more than I'd play OotP.

NBA Live 96 was lush. My brother and I played countless Jazz v Bulls series in that game. Some of my favourite gaming memories.

Feed Stockton....3pts....Whooooooooo!

• Like 1

The Warriors, best ten dollar purchase on Playstation network ever.

I wish the PS3 had backwards compatibility, the one I have anyway. I'd love to get a copy of Bushido Blade 2, hell maybe even the original GTA just for the old fun I had when I was 13. Now I regret getting rid of my PS2.

• Like 1

Digimon World. I've had it since it was new and I've still never beat it. Also Namco Museum because I love the museum aspect. A lot of those old games are really cool to learn about.

Is that the one where your 'Mon dies and you basically have to keep training it over and over? I got so sick of that. All that freaking hard work wasted time and time again.

The Warriors, best ten dollar purchase on Playstation network ever.

I wish the PS3 had backwards compatibility, the one I have anyway. I'd love to get a copy of Bushido Blade 2, hell maybe even the original GTA just for the old fun I had when I was 13. Now I regret getting rid of my PS2.

Bushido Blade 2 was PS1 so that'd work.