I hope so. I don't mind if they punish my 2v2 online rank/rating for leaving, but if they reduce the amount of points earned because you're being classed as a bad sport for leaving a laggy game and handing your opponent a quick win, that would be shit.

I took a look at the rankings the other day, and despite the huge player base now, people like sfexchampion and weed92 were still up near the top, just like on the original. I've beaten both of them on more than one occasion, but they have destroyed me countless times too.

Psyonix must be delighted though. I know it was released in 2008, but even finding an online game on Supersonic to play in was a challenge these past few years. Now, after 4m downloads, there are frequently 150k waiting to match-make. Awesome stuff.

I'll be heading out today to buy a £10 voucher to make sure I have enough to cover the first dlc.

Also, given how many people are enjoying the game they got as part of their Playstation Plus subscription, I wouldn't doubt that a good number of new PS4 owners over the next year will buy the game to join in with their friends. It seems as though the decision to put the game in the Instant Game Collection will pay off greatly.

They should have a "surrender" option similar to LoL and CS:GO. One team member can put up a surrender vote after a certain point in the game (2 minutes?) and the team can vote. In a 2v2 it would require both members to surrender, in a 3v3 it would require 2 of 3 to surrender.

Well, the pitches are going to be free DLC forever, they've confirmed that. But there's paid DLC due in a week or two which has two new cars (based off real ones) and possibly other stuff that they haven't revealed yet. Google 'supersonic fury DLC' and it should come up.

That could be handy. Like I've said, there's been games where everyone's connection has appeared to be fine, but the server has caused the issue. When I played with Owen the other night, we set up against All Star bots and the first game was unplayable. I went back to the main menu and started another, and it ran without issue. It's certain server numbers causing problems as much as bad user connections, I think.