• 1 year later...

MEGA-BUMP

I couldn't tell you the last time I watched a NASCAR race, but I'll be damned if I haven't watched the last three NASCAR iRacing races. I'm loving the fact that the races are shorter and the in-race interviews to allow the driver's to show their personalities. 

So yeah, anyone else watching today? They're in Heat 2 of the Bristol poll. The full race with all 31-drivers is going to be insane. I was talking to my stepdad earlier and we both think they should grant the drivers 5 resets instead of 2, because there may not be but ten people left by the end of 150 laps. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

MEGA-BUMP

I couldn't tell you the last time I watched a NASCAR race, but I'll be damned if I haven't watched the last three NASCAR iRacing races. I'm loving the fact that the races are shorter and the in-race interviews to allow the driver's to show their personalities. 

So yeah, anyone else watching today? They're in Heat 2 of the Bristol poll. The full race with all 31-drivers is going to be insane. I was talking to my stepdad earlier and we both think they should grant the drivers 5 resets instead of 2, because there may not be but ten people left by the end of 150 laps. :lol: 

I watched last week and they're decent fun but I still want the regular season back. 

1 minute ago, GhostMachine said:

Are the iRaces actually going to count if the season ever starts back up?

No

Between last week and this week, I’d love to see what Timmy Hill could do in a car owned by one of the big teams. In his post-race interview last week he talked about the struggle of being a driver for lower end owner and how they use used car parts. If he got a chance in a top level automobile, he could probably be a decent to good driver.

7 minutes ago, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

Between last week and this week, I’d love to see what Timmy Hill could do in a car owned by one of the big teams. In his post-race interview last week he talked about the struggle of being a driver for lower end owner and how they use used car parts. If he got a chance in a top level automobile, he could probably be a decent to good driver.

The thing is, there is a lot of good talent out there right now that don't get the rides and unfortunately some of the guys who have rides probably shouldn't. Matt DiBenidetto is finally getting a chance to shine and while the ride he's in isn't necessarily top tier, he's actually done well with his shot this year. Then you've got guys like Ty Dillon and Austin Dillon who have rides because Grampa owns the team when in all honesty there are probably several other drives who could be put in those cars and do much better than those two have done. To me it's a shame that Regan Smith is forced to do commentary when he should be in a car right now.

20 hours ago, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

MEGA-BUMP

I watched this yesterday - the wrecks are insane and I don't feel guilty laughing about them.  It's fun to see some different people get a chance and I like that they are still sneaking sponsors in their rigs and stuff like that.

Larson has always been one of those drivers who has rubbed me the wrong way since I started watching Nascar and this does nothing to help his case in my eyes. Nascar has suspended him indefinitely and he has to undergo sensitivity training as well.

It will be a while before he gets a second shot. If ever. Can't think of an owner who wants a media circus like that on their hands

• 3 weeks later...