28 minutes ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

Let’s get this lame wwe shit off my race, please. <_<

Yeah I said it then and I’ll say it now. Had they had either one of them do it alone, it would have been great. This was not.

I've been all for confederate flag bans for years. The `Southern heritage' argument some use as an excuse does not wash.

Back to the diecast, I've got several Racing Champions cars from the late 80's-early 90's, including the 3-packs that came with extra trading cards. Also have a few of the action figures they produced. All still in the original packaging.

Yeah, I was just more using that as a way to say "Fuck that guy". My wife told me about it last night during the race and I was like, who the fuck cares. I like the look of the flag but it stands for something nobody should ever condone.

Two things:

1. He's 50. most drivers retire around that age.

2. He hasn't raced a single lap at all this year. The one race he did attempt to drive in, he failed to qualify for.

So in addition to other things, he's a joke and a has-been. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Two things:

1. He's 50. most drivers retire around that age.

2. He hasn't raced a single lap at all this year. The one race he did attempt to drive in, he failed to qualify for.

So in addition to other things, he's a joke and a has-been. 

More like a never been as he is like 0-32?

So, I'm kind of a lapsed fan when it comes to NASCAR. Got really into when I was a kid because I a couple friends who ever into it, and I always try to at least be familiar with things my friends like. I really enjoyed it, rooted for Bill Elliott and Jeff Gordon. And then as I got older, I kinda fell out of it. Mostly because, as a brown boy, the NASCAR vibe didn't feel super inclusive to me. But I've been trying to get back into it again, since all one of my friends ever talks about is NASCAR, and I feel like the stuff they've been doing is really good, and might bring in a lot of new fans who hadn't considered NASCAR before. And NASCAR could benefit from the timing as well, considering there's not much competition in the sports world at the moment. 

• Like 1

i was a Rusty Wallace and `anyone but Dale Earnhardt' fan, when I was younger. Didn't like to see Earnhardt win, but the only driver I ever really hated was Davey Allison before he got killed.

My problem with NASCAR is the talent has seriously gotten watered down, and the drivers really don't have personalities like they used to. Jimmie Johnson may have the same number of championships as Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt, but I don't think he's in their league. Close, but not quite.

Facebook seems to be filled with racist assholes who defended Kyle Larson over the trouble he got in for using the N-word (not as in `he was joking around', but as in `he shouldn't have gotten into any trouble at all') and are blasting Bubba Wallace over the Confederate flag ban. I've been all for a Confederate flag ban for years. When its seen as a racist symbol to some, the `Southern heritage' defense doesn't wash.

Edited by GhostMachine

I inherited most of my sports rooting interests from my dad, and Geoff Bodine was his driver.  Bodine’s heyday was before I was born and my earliest memories of him were in the black QVC car usually finishing in the middle or back of the pack.

I didn’t watch every week but I do specifically remember watching him winning at Watkins Glen once.

I also remember his near-fatal truck crash at Daytona only to come back and nearly win the 500 a couple years later.  Plus all the work with the bobsled team.

I went to a race at Bristol where Geoff Bodine was driving the Exide Batteries car. Which I believe was formerly Alan Kulwicki's Hooters car, or at the least the same # (7). There were two or three multicar wrecks. Unfortunately, Dale Earnhardt won. 

Liked Geoff and Brett, but my favorite racing brothers were Terry and Bobby Labonte.