• 3 weeks later...

People are glad to see some form of live sports back. It wasn't all that exciting of a race to be honest but there are a lot of things they're forgoing (practice, qualifying) that kind of leads to the actual race being boring because they're so busy testing things they never got to test.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mr. Meacon Moneybags said:

That ending to the race yesterday was so exciting. Sucks for Chase, but at least Logano didn’t win. I really don’t like that dude.

I wanted there to be a fight but I assume fines would have been worse than usual due to the Covid policies. I love when someone like Logano gets pissed at being raced hard when he has a habit of running people off the track and shit. I was hoping Clint would have been able to close the gap but he was just too far back.

I need a driver. I have a handful of guys I just don’t like but ever since Gordon retired, I’ve not had one. I don’t mind Chase, even though I was never a Bill Elliott fan. Byron drives Jeff’s old car which gives him a connection. But I just don’t feel drawn to either of those. I’m gonna keep watching and see if somebody stands out because right now I feel like I’m only rooting against guys instead of rooting for someone and that’s an awfully negative way to watch. :lol:

• Like 1

I can’t stand Logano. Keslowski seems fine. He’s a bit too vanilla for me though. He looks like the kind of guy that wants to tell you about the sprinkler he uses on his lawn. Blaney will not make my final cut.

Also guys like Harvick, Busch, Busch, and Kenseth are all out because they were around when I watched years ago.

Chase seems like the obvious pick, but I think that’s why I’m hesitant to jump on that wagon. 

I was waiting for the point to GM’s post. I wasn’t sure if there was a follow up because honestly it happens in races all the time. It just depends on how well they do at making it look like an accident.

Bubba Wallace is the fucking jam.

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29287025/bubba-wallace-wants-confederate-flags-removed-nascar-tracks

"My next step would be to get rid of all Confederate flags," Wallace told CNN on Monday. "No one should feel uncomfortable when they come to a NASCAR race. So it starts with Confederate flags. Get them out of here. They have no place for them."

Wallace, who drives the No. 43 car for Richard Petty Motorsports, recognizes his position will not sit well with some people.

"There's going to be a lot of angry people that carry those flags proudly, but it's time for change," he said. "We have to change that, and I encourage NASCAR -- we will have those conversations to remove those flags."

When asked whether he thought his opinion on the Confederate flag was unpopular, Wallace said he sees it as something on which the sport must take a strong stance.

"We should not be able to have an argument over that," he said. "It is a thick line we cannot cross anymore."