FIFA 16

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Nerf 5 me 2. I had a 2 to 0 lead and my players absolutely refused to maintain possession. We'd steal the ball and immediately turn it over. How incredibly frustrating that whole thing was. We'd have the ball and I'd be smashing square to clear it and they'd all just sit there and hold on to it. Nothing I could really do on that strike by Villa to take the 3-2 lead, but a few of those, my guys ran away from the ball instead of even attempting to defend. :/ 

Ugh, I'm seeing the downside of the youth team/training .... too many of them want to get signed on to the first team too early.  They're either not good enough, not better than the group I already signed, or I've got no room as I have earlier prospects/other signed prospects out on loan.

MEH

So, a few questions.

1) Does this game have a "Fuck you" mode? Every other EA Sports game I have ever played tends to fuck you over if the game is close. I just played two games in a row where I gave up a goal (after not conceding any) well past the additional time. Two 1-0 losses, back-to-back, in the 94th and 96th minutes of what was suppose to be 3 minutes of additional time. I feel like it was just playing long enough for my guys to roll over and stick their asses up in the air. I'm playing on Legendary. I'm a bit of a novice at FIFA, but play hard or go home right? Not sure if difficulty has to do with the power of the screwing.

2) Is there anything I can do to maintain possession on goal kicks? I literally can only just pass it out to one of my backs, because every. single. time. I try to get it to midfield, I don't get it. It got to the point where I no longer send it long. I'll just pass it out to my back line and hope we can push it forward.

As someone that use to play FIFA 12, and only with a couple friends online, I can honestly say that for the first time I can feel a difference between teams and players. I was Montreal (training for our tournament) against West Brom and Watford, and the gap in talent was super noticeable. I think I had 40% possession in one match and 38% in the other. Their first touch was impeccable and we couldn't keep the ball unless I gently tapped the passes. It's pretty cool, as I remember the 2011 teams feeling almost exactly the same no matter who I played with.

11 minutes ago, Meacon said:

So, a few questions.

1) Does this game have a "Fuck you" mode? Every other EA Sports game I have ever played tends to fuck you over if the game is close. I just played two games in a row where I gave up a goal (after not conceding any) well past the additional time. Two 1-0 losses, back-to-back, in the 94th and 96th minutes of what was suppose to be 3 minutes of additional time. I feel like it was just playing long enough for my guys to roll over and stick their asses up in the air. I'm playing on Legendary. I'm a bit of a novice at FIFA, but play hard or go home right? Not sure if difficulty has to do with the power of the screwing.

2) Is there anything I can do to maintain possession on goal kicks? I literally can only just pass it out to one of my backs, because every. single. time. I try to get it to midfield, I don't get it. It got to the point where I no longer send it long. I'll just pass it out to my back line and hope we can push it forward.

As someone that use to play FIFA 12, and only with a couple friends online, I can honestly say that for the first time I can feel a difference between teams and players. I was Montreal (training for our tournament) against West Brom and Watford, and the gap in talent was super noticeable. I think I had 40% possession in one match and 38% in the other. Their first touch was impeccable and we couldn't keep the ball unless I gently tapped the passes. It's pretty cool, as I remember the 2011 teams feeling almost exactly the same no matter who I played with.

You can boot it out to your wide players and they usually have enough time to bring it down and play it.

• Like 1

Into My Fourth Season at Nottingham Forest on Career Mode, 1st Season I won The Championship, 2nd Finished 7th in Prem, 3rd Finished 5th and won Europa League. I had M'Baye Niang on loan from Milan in my second season and then signed him, end of the third he comes to me and says he wants to leave Forest because he's homesick, the board sell him for me when the Transfer Window opens, To Aston Villa... Meh, nevermind, I ended up getting Balotelli to replace him.

18 hours ago, Meacon said:

So, a few questions.

Difficulty has something to do with it, but especially with online games EA's scripting just takes over and fucks you royally.

• Like 1

I don't mean to sound ungrateful but these free packs we've been getting all week for the FUT birthday have been kicks in the teeth. Today I got the Rare Players pack and got some good players that have no place in my team whatsoever, Dani Alves being the best example, a Spanish league RB when I have a Serie A team with no full backs. But I can't sell him. And I can't get any coins for the rest of the players I got all week, either transfer listing or quick selling.

Gah.

• Like 1

Happens every year. I had a Lavezzi a few years back which would have netted me about 20k then.

In a more extreme case, my bro in law had the Higuain 90 card in a free pack this week. Absolutely useless to him, but certainly could have done with the coins!

I think they'd make more money off packs (and this is just an assumption) if the price dropped for points as the season wore on. My missus bought me points soon after release and I managed to bag a Hazard and got something like 180k. A quick search now tells me that he's going for around 80k less these days. Early on, you could pack a good player and get a good return. Now, you need to pack a superstar to even make it worth it. And in all of the packs I've opened this year, I still haven't had a TOTW/special card, even when they were running promotions for "increased chance" of getting them.

So yeah, a tip would be to put some money in at the start if you really want to spend actual cash, but wouldn't bother this far down the line.

3 hours ago, Baddar said:

Happens every year. I had a Lavezzi a few years back which would have netted me about 20k then.

In a more extreme case, my bro in law had the Higuain 90 card in a free pack this week. Absolutely useless to him, but certainly could have done with the coins!

I would have been very interested in that Higuain <_< 

Just started playing fifa again and put shooting on semi assisted as normal. Played a few games against my mate and seemed to be hitting the post alot, which I remember is why I first started using semi assisted on the old fifas.

Is it still the same now or is the default setting fine?