FIFA 16

Dan

I finally bothered to start online the other day, won the title in Div 10 including a game against what sounded like a 10 year old who had Ronaldo on loan and kept shouting "COME ON RONALDO" anytime he got anywhere near the ball.

Variants of this included "COME ON RONALDO, YOU SEXY BEAST" and, during a corner, "COME ON RONALDO, YOU'RE TALL".

My cheapo BPL team won the day though, with Gomis getting a brace and leading to me messaging the kid "COME ON GOMIS YOU SEXY BEAST"

At that point I got bored and semi splurged by adding Giroud, Bony, Arteta, M'villa, Kaboul, Distin, Tiote and Clichy for relatively cheap prices. See, I have these moments where I think of some gimmicky team I can build, this was a French one, before realising that this would require Lloris and lol to that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They must have seen it work on GTA:Online.

'Here's some free DLC. It's a gold jet. $10,000,000. Mission payouts are capped at $25,000. Shark cards are available.'

I've just finished a season as Spurs (w/ my gf's brother on co op) on Legendary. We gradually got better, and with no side taking control/going on a crazy winning run, the table looked like this after 37 games;

Chelsea 71pts, Spurs 70pts, Man City 69pts, Arsenal 69pts, Man Utd 69pts.

Our GD was worse than all of them, through lack of goals. We did have the best defensive record though, which was one plus. Going into the final match, we could still win the title, but also finish 5th and outside of the CL places. Fortunately, an 87th min Kane penalty saw us beat Newcastle 2-1. Chelsea smashed Bournemouth so we settled for 2nd. All the others won so a draw would have meant 5th place. How exciting!

First season signings were Williams from Swansea, Gimenez from Atletico and Mane from Southampton. We abused the loan system and brought in Sergi Roberto, Dongou and Munir on loans from Barca. We made Roberto's loan permanent for 16m (his passing is great already) ahead of season two, plus brought in Calhanoglu for 19m, and Embolo from Basel for 10m. Our 43m budget + the selling of deadweight helped fund that. Oh, and the pre season tournament win (simmed) brought in enough to get Andrew Robertson as LB cover. Really looking forward to playing on now. I think we'll lose fewer than the 8 last time out, and with more depth, should challenge for the title. Hope EA's shit scheduling isn't as bad for CL teams as it is in the Europa. Playing Thursday, Saturday, Monday, Thursday because we were still in the cups isn't fun.

About that, we lost both the Europa final to Porto (1-0) and FA Cup final to Arsenal (0-0, 7-6 on pens). Gutting. I blazed over a Ben Davies pen when needing to score. :(

• 1 month later...

My level definitely sits somewhere between Professional and World Class. Professional I generally win comfortably, World Class, I'm getting dicked 3/4-0. :/