FIFA 16

Dan

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I generally have shit luck but got Hazard this year so he's funded my United/City combo team.

I do get attached to players so it stops me from pissing away coins. I've found both Fellaini and Blind to be fantastic CM's, especially with good chemistry style cards applied to them. They're more than decent replacements when I rest Yaya and Bastian. 

I remember back in the original UT, I couldn't drop Derek Boateng despite the fact he was a 300 coins player. No matter how good my team got, I always had him in my midfield.

I did pay the 50k for Sterling, but I might regret it in the long run. He's tricky but he's getting bullied off the ball, which is to be expected, but after just 1 game from 99 fitness, he's always fucked before the next one. His stamina is shit. Should have paid the extra 10k for Memphis. 

Best I've got is Aubameyang and I don't wanna sell him. 

I get some decent players every now and then but I think the most I've sold a card for is like 7k. 

I have shit luck getting the good cards. I had Bernard thought I could shift him but no luck so I've kept him for a Brazil team. I need to smash some games and just build a bunch of coins. 

Got a Raffael team of the week card in a pack as well as Zouma. Made 35k from the both of them combined. That's me sorted for a while. 

You get like two packs in the standard edition. 

I need to smash some games. Finally got enough coins to buy a 1000 coin boost per game for 15 games. Tried to do the silver cup last night with my championship team but I couldn't find a game.  

Yeah, I have standard on the One and the only inserts I had were 2 days free Gold, a flyer advertising Access/FIFA Interactive World Cup and one on legal mumbo jumbo. I know there are editions that have the 15 packs though because CD keys have been gutting them and selling them separately. I considered buying one when they were about £2.50 and then they went up to £4.

Just looked, £2.99 for the same on PS4, £4.99 on the One. Robbing bastards. :shifty:

Played a fair bit of Ultimate Team today and I'm actually enjoying it. I've never really bothered much with FIFA online (because I'm not that good), but it's going well so far. 11-1-5 and one win away from promotion to Division 7. I'm still not great going forward, but most of the people I play are just through ball spammers playing two up front. They literally never pass backwards.

I find it pretty easy to defend against them, especially as I have 65-70 percent possesion in most games. Seems you can go a long way just by being able to keep the ball. My only problem is if they do cheese a goal, I sometimes struggle to turn my possession into chances.

Anyhow, my Argentina-based squad is serving me well for now. Just added Gaitan, Cavezzi and Banega. Think I might work on a BPL/Serie A squad next.

I tend to get a load of chances per game (maybe an average of 12 shots) but that doesn't always result in more goals. I've lost count of the amount of times my keeper lets in a soft one only for theirs to play as if they're Clark Kent for 90 minutes. I guess that's just FIFA online, and always will be.

The worst kind of players are the ones who spam the skill moves though, as refs seem to reward it. Any kind of contact with them and it's a foul. Most can't defend for shit but seem to get by playing this way, because give them a free kick within distance and of course they know how to score 90% of those too.

These are just online single matches in UT though, so once I start playing divisions, I should get less of them lower down.

I scored a screamer/worldy against some plum on FUT. It feels so much more special when you score in this version of FIFA, since goals are so hard to come by. I managed to get a Benzema in a gold pack and flogged him off for something like 70k, dunno what to spend the dough on tho,