FIFA 16

Dan

On 12/15/2015 at 14:56, Jimmy said:

I've totally got used to the passing now and think it's great. Honestly think this is the best FIFA yet, it's tougher, but also more rewarding. Pro Clubs still needs an update though. 

It had the makings of it, for me, but they've totally screwed the balance. FIFA has always been too easy to score and too hard to defend. Now defending is a piece of piss (I don't think I've had a season yet where I haven't finished with the least goals conceded in the league), but scoring is near impossible. Likewise, I usually end up with the lowest goals scored. I'd put it down to me just being shit with the new system, but it's a pretty universal complaint. It seems like the lengths they've gone to stop people abusing pace, crosses, and counters have made all of them redundant. Not to mention corners. I don't think I've conceded or scored from a corner yet, and I've played a lot of this year's FIFA.

World class used to be the perfect middle ground. Legendary was too hard, and Professional was too easy. Now, I can't play professional or I'll win every game by ridiculous margins, and I can't play world class because I'll be lucky to score more than one per game.

Edited by Social Justice Nerf

I've been building my United/City hybrid team since release, and now own all the highest rated players, apart from two - De Bruyne and Aguero. I have 65k so can afford De Bruyne just about, but Aguero's price has been dropping ever so steadily for weeks now, and is sitting at around 170k. 

I've got Rooney and Toure as CAM's and Silva and Schweinsteiger as CM's so I'm normally covered in centre mid, but Schwein and Silva both have horrendous stamina. Not sure whether to get the extra cover in with De Bruyne, or push on and get Aguero when I can. I do only have Bony (who I find is really good) and Martial (not so good) as strikers.

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

I've been building my United/City hybrid team since release, and now own all the highest rated players, apart from two - De Bruyne and Aguero. I have 65k so can afford De Bruyne just about, but Aguero's price has been dropping ever so steadily for weeks now, and is sitting at around 170k. 

I've got Rooney and Toure as CAM's and Silva and Schweinsteiger as CM's so I'm normally covered in centre mid, but Schwein and Silva both have horrendous stamina. Not sure whether to get the extra cover in with De Bruyne, or push on and get Aguero when I can. I do only have Bony (who I find is really good) and Martial (not so good) as strikers.

I'd go for Aguero, it'll be easier to earn enough for de Bruyne than it will for Aguero if you get de Bruyne now.

• Like 1

On 21/12/2015 at 20:09, Baddar said:

Thanks to packing Pogba, I now have all the top City and United players!

I was wondering though, as I don't recall it from last year...

When there's January transfers, do players get new cards at their new clubs, or only if they happen to make the TOTW? I've got a feeling it's the latter, but hope it's the former so that I can keep building upon this team as opposed to starting a new one. It would be nice if City or United signed a decent RW for starters.

15 minutes ago, Baddar said:

When there's January transfers, do players get new cards at their new clubs, or only if they happen to make the TOTW? I've got a feeling it's the latter, but hope it's the former so that I can keep building upon this team as opposed to starting a new one. It would be nice if City or United signed a decent RW for starters.

Likewise Inter/Milan hybrid, after nabbing Modric! :D

• Like 1

Did you both make Youtube videos of yourselves reacting like you've just won a super rollover Euromillions jackpot and a lifetime supply of jetpack blowjob robots to getting a good player?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gazz said:

Did you both make Youtube videos of yourselves reacting like you've just won a super rollover Euromillions jackpot and a lifetime supply of jetpack blowjob robots to getting a good player?

No. But if I did, I'd probably be earning thousands from it.

7 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Screen cap of Baddars video as described above:

FB_IMG_1451219974467.jpg.fa3811cbf162d5c

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gazz said:

Considering how shit packs are this year, I think that might be my actual reaction to a Pogba or a Modric >_>

6 hours ago, Baddar said:

They definitely do regular transfer cards. They usually roll them out over the course of the month though, so there's every chance someone could get a transferred TOTW card before their transferred normal one comes out.

• Like 1

I'm getting back into playing Ultimate Team but my connection speed has gone to crap. Haven't played a game with anything near perfect speed in the last two days, my download speed is at 4 M/Bs with 70% signal strength (best I can get upstairs with the modem downstairs) and every other game is fine, as are my streaming services. Very strange.