FIFA 16

Dan

Father issues household gaming ban after teenage son spends over £5,000 on FIFA

'There will never be another gaming system in my home.'

Father issues gaming ban after son spends £5k on FIFA

It might be a good idea to think twice before handing over your credit card to your kid.

The father of a teenager recently received a credit card bill for $7,625.88 (£5,255.03) after his 17-year-old son made a series of FIFA in-game purchases.

"It floored me. Literally floored me, when I'd seen what I was being charged," the father, Lance Perkins, told CBC News.

"He thought it was a one-time fee for the game. He's just as sick as I am, [because] he never believed he was being charged for every transaction, or every time he went onto the game."

Perkins has now issued a ban to keep gaming systems away from his son.

"There will never be another Xbox system - or any gaming system - in my home," he said.

A brutal punishment indeed, but at least it's something he'll probably never forget.

Digital Spy.

I'm sure there are countless people blaming EA for this rather than the complete idiocy of the child. Buying stuff on FUT (I assume that's what it was) is not even remotely possible to do as any kind of accident.

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I got to the end of season 2 with Spurs in Career mode, alongside my missus' brother. Offline is much more fun to play with a friend, btw.

After almost winning the league in season 1 (2nd) we slipped to 5th this time as Arsenal walked to the title. Too many draws cost us. Our CL campaign ended at the hands of Juve in the last 16, 2-1 on Agg.

We did avenge the FA Cup final defeat to Arsenal (pens, may have already posted about it in here) by winning it in season 2, a 3-1 win over Stoke in the final, beating Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Southampton and Man City along the way. I think we deserved it. :shifty:

Heading into season 3, we heard that Lloris was on his way out. Still had a 3yr contract but Levy went over our heads, the bastard, and sold him. He was "homesick", so naturally signed for Liverpool. :/

He's 89 rated now, and we got 46m back so maybe Levy has played a blinder after all. We had to use 25m to sign Oblak as his replacement as there's only Vorm as cover.

Current team heading into S3;

Oblak, Robertson, Williams, Vertonghen, Rose, Deulofeu, Sergi Roberto, Eriksen, Mane, Kane, Vietto. 

Walker was our RB but he wanted to just run down his contract and leave for some reason. Everton bid 17.5 so we took it. Back up CBs are Gimenez and Tah, and we've got Halilovic and Munir on loan from Barca. Lamela is in and out of the team, and Embolo is one we're trying to grow, but he's still only 78 rated. Just 20 though. 

Considering we made almost 90m from Lloris, Walker and Alderweireld sales, we've barely made a hole in that for 17/18. Fekir has come in for 12m too, which should be a snip.

Looking forward to playing some more now, but we don't get to play all that often.

I've just reinstalled this on the PC since now I have fairly okay internet. What updates are there? I can't tell if its any different. My first two FUT games ended in wins, so something must have changed <_<