Ruki

I just beat the game...

No cut scene at the end of the game letting me know how all the factions are doing? That's kind of bullshit. That's one of the reasons I do all those side missions!

But! I sided with the Railroad/Minute Men...we blew the fuck out of the institute.

Now I've just left the game on in the Drive-Inn after ringing the bell. I was at 94 happiness. Let's see if that improves.

Umm...I think it's the same as the Minutemen? But I could be mistaken....BUT! I did fuck up the Railroad....I failed one of their missions and had to take another route...

I had to assault the institute with the minutemen and blow it up, rather than get the synths out from the inside. I failed because I got kicked out of the Institute after Bunker Hill.

Yeah, for me I was doing fine on the Railroad one, Institute was still alright with me even after I took out the courser at Bunker Hill which I guess is implied that Shaun knew I'd sabotaged that mission but wasn't going to just throw me out. For me it got to the point where Shaun had asked me to kill off the Railroad, went there and told them I wasn't going to do that, so continued with that Underground Undercover mission that had been there for ages. Ended up with that synth in the Institute telling me to warn the Railroad about the Brotherhood knowing where they are, but when I went to Railroad HQ the dialogue option with Desdemona just wouldn't trigger so she was just giving her generic stock comments, which basically forced me to just go and kill Shaun which forced the Underground Undercover mission to fail, and then had me finish up with the Minutemen.

It's annoying cause I like the Railroad, and I guess I like the Minutemen but I just found them incredibly dull and small time because you just do nothing with them aside from like the first two quests of the game before Preston just tells you to help settlements forever, even if you already have helped that settlement. Didn't really seem fitting for them to suddenly go all big time taking down the Institute and the fucking Brotherhood after doing nothing all game but standing about or patching up walls in Sanctuary.

I think my game bugged out because I guess Glory was meant to have some part in the dialogue for that mission, but for some reason I just found her dead in a ditch near Greentop Nursery about halfway through the game. Bit stupid to make her even able to be killed if she has a role in a story scene later on. Irritating.

CV1mAkaUEAAhy3c.jpg:large

Here is my Drive In...not as impressive as some of yours, but I"m happy with it

Also, Ballout 4

5 hours ago, Ruki said:

I just beat the game...

Hidden Content

Now I've just left the game on in the Drive-Inn after ringing the bell. I was at 94 happiness. Let's see if that improves.

Spoiler

I mean, after all the endings, each of the factions are basically dead in the water except for the one you chose :P

But it used to tell you how the different towns and settlements and people you helped were doing!

Also! That reminds me...the lack of towns. There is Diamond City and that's about it. That is a huge disappointment to me. I feel like they put more emphasis on you building your own town. I'm cool with doing that once or twice....but I don't want it to erase towns/characters completely.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention in all my excitement over dog armor but I actually started over and am really enjoying things a lot more. I am dumb and had no idea I could play as the female character so that's a welcome switch. Plus I made a character to fit my playstyle better. We stumbled upon some sort of robot factory or something and that was a fun diversion. The biggest improvement for me so far is telling the minutemen nah not helping you guys and moving on from that as quick as possible

• Like 1

Might do that too. The Minutemen are such a boring bother, and I'm sick of the radiant quests from Preston you just can't get away from. I'm sick of having them in the quest list, so I do them to get rid of them in the vain hope that when I turn it in Preston won't be immediately like "GOT A NEW ONE FOR YOU, PAL 6DvBiJj.gif"

And I'm just left standing there like

jSrNxjw.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Just looked it up, apparently I misremembered. Apologies!

I had a hard time remembering for sure myself. New Vegas would've been specifically hard to program an end game that made sense with so many directions you could go. I can't remember if the 'extend the ending' change to Fallout 3 ended up playing the 'what happened' thing when it normally did or at the end of the story though.. but I think a lot of the ones from that game were things that happened 'years later' with most of them being modifiable by the player after the fact

15 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Might do that too. The Minutemen are such a boring bother, and I'm sick of the radiant quests from Preston you just can't get away from. I'm sick of having them in the quest list, so I do them to get rid of them in the vain hope that when I turn it in Preston won't be immediately like "GOT A NEW ONE FOR YOU, PAL 6DvBiJj.gif"

And I'm just left standing there like

jSrNxjw.jpg

Best thing to do is send Preston to a settlement you don't go to then when the quest says "Talk to Preston" you just ignore it. Eventually the Completed notification comes up but you won't automatically be given a new one. Just watch out for people getting kidnapped.