Ruki

3 hours ago, I'm A Walker said:

Building is my favourite thing. I have big ideas for about a third of my settlements. It is just a problem of a lack of materials. I do have a nice system of using surplus water from Sanctuary to trade for shipments of concrete, wood and steel so I don't have to spend any caps on it, and I could in theory do that every game day until I have a massive supply but I don't really want to grind.

I've got the main quest line out of the way, just need to do some of the faction quests until the game makes me pick sides. Keep getting distracted though. Settlement quests are stupid, and you can get punished for not doing them! I've just stopped talking to Preston, haven't "failed" one yet so I think that works.

USS Constitution is an amazing side quest!

First bold: How do you do that?

SEcond bold:Yes, yes it is!

2 hours ago, Ruki said:

With Science 1 perk, the water purifiers will give you  certain amount of purified water each day in your workbench

5 hours ago, Ruki said:

Works best with Sanctuary because you've got quite a bit of water. Just spam water purifiers and any water not used by your residents gets put in your workbench. It doesn't keep piling it up so you have to empty your supply every day, but you can just put it in a safe or something until you are heading out to sell it. At the moment with only 3 purifiers I'm getting about 78-85 water a day which I can trade for 100 steel, 200 wood and 100 concrete and not spend a single cap (though I do have the Barter bobblehead and the perk that gives you better prices maxed out). 

On 11/28/2015, 8:02:09, Benji said:

Did you hit about 80 happiness? Maybe a tiny bit over?

Grr, this is annoying. I have the drive in at about 80 happiness....I have enough food, about 160 defense, and everyone left over running level 3 shops. Not going up!

So to those who have done Castle...

I know the aftermath of this mission was buggy as hell, but was the Mirelurk Queen bugged aswell? After a few tries getting killed instantly, I just went inside for ages picking up junk and clearing out eggs. By the time I went back outside to face the queen, she was just standing by the entrance to castle with about 5% health left. A few rifles shots and she was dead. Didn't even need to use the missile launcher you can find inside. 

Is Preston and the minutemen that much of a beast that they were able to tackle that thing by themselves? No reason for me to be "The General" then....

I had far more trouble trying to kill the Mirelurk's since Codsworth kept disappearing.

Can Codsworth say combinations of names, eg Slade Wilson?

6 hours ago, Ruki said:

Grr, this is annoying. I have the drive in at about 80 happiness....I have enough food, about 160 defense, and everyone left over running level 3 shops. Not going up!

It won't be instant, it takes a few days. Also, are you using Mutfruit for food? If not there's no way you'll get to 100.

1 hour ago, OctoberRavenO said:

Can Codsworth say combinations of names, eg Slade Wilson?

Not as far as I know. I called my character "Bayley Banks" and he only ever referred to her as some variation of "Bayley".

18 minutes ago, Whitemare said:

I would also like to know, when do I need to pick sides, I have done a lot of the Brotherhood quests, and only 1 for the Institute... I'm guessing theres a point where I can't do both?

There is, but it's pretty obvious exactly what will cause you to take a side. IIRC a couple of them (not all) actually explicitly tell you as much.

Gonna have to wait for Xbox mods since I hit the cap in my settlement before I'd even finished building the main building. :/

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

5 hours ago, Benji said:

How the fuck have to managed to design everything so well on console o_O Every time I tried it wound up an uneven mess.

Use the foundations as a base and make everything snap to them.