Ruki

Think I've hit about 80 at The Castle.  I know Sanctuary, which I've been COMPLETELY ignoring, got up to 80 without me even doing anything there...just water, power and food there, no shops

Right now I'm basically moving all my supplies from other settlements to Sanctuary. I couldn't really care if the other settlements get attacked, and I want all my crafting stuff in one area. Eventually I'll move everything to the drive in since it has a good sized flat area to work with.

Also, I got a set of the X-01 power armor :D 

41 minutes ago, Benji said:

Yeah, 80 seems to be the limit without level three shops (armor and weapons don't count though).

Well right now at The Castle I have a weapon shop, armor shop, clothing shop, trading post and bar, all level 3

Also, jsut learned last night, after having the game since release day, that you can rotate things in workshop mode with R2 and L2...

It's weird, I thought I'd be super into the whole building thing, but I'm just not. It's okay, but just effort.

Saying that, I built a trading stand in Sanctuary, but I can't assign anyone to it. I highlight people, hover over the stand, it says Press X to assign worker to this, I press X and nothing ever happens.

I had completely ignored it because I just couldn't understand how it worked, it pissed me off I couldn't connect anything together. Then I discovered the floor pieces and my life changed. Played about 6 hours since yesterday and about 5 of those involved me building a 3-tier house in Sanctuary, setting up some basic power, scraping every tree in all of my settlements and starting building a similar building in Starlight Drive.

Yeah, I'm obsessed with it now. I'm basically doing missions for the sole purpose of getting wood, steel and copper.

So on a whim I stepped up to Swan, and killed him with little difficulty with my 44 revolver.

Finished him off when he turned to melee Nick, and I shot him right on the ass. Should have saved the recording of that.

19 hours ago, Blurryface Cymbols said:

It's weird, I thought I'd be super into the whole building thing, but I'm just not. It's okay, but just effort.

Saying that, I built a trading stand in Sanctuary, but I can't assign anyone to it. I highlight people, hover over the stand, it says Press X to assign worker to this, I press X and nothing ever happens.

There's a weird, unnecessary one second delay after you press, if you move your pointer away from the stand and back again, the person assigned icon will have turned green.

I don't think I'm going to bother with settlement building until there's either a massive overhaul of the editor or a mod that makes it a shit-tonne easier because it's just so fiddly and awkward to do right now.

On an unrelated note I picked up an Explosive Combat Shotgun from a legendary and it's wonderful.

Building is my favourite thing. I have big ideas for about a third of my settlements. It is just a problem of a lack of materials. I do have a nice system of using surplus water from Sanctuary to trade for shipments of concrete, wood and steel so I don't have to spend any caps on it, and I could in theory do that every game day until I have a massive supply but I don't really want to grind.

I've got the main quest line out of the way, just need to do some of the faction quests until the game makes me pick sides. Keep getting distracted though. Settlement quests are stupid, and you can get punished for not doing them! I've just stopped talking to Preston, haven't "failed" one yet so I think that works.

USS Constitution is an amazing side quest!

Reminder, no matter how much charge is in a fusion core, you'll get the same amount for selling it.  I use them until there is like 1 or 2% left in it, then sell it for 200 caps

The settlement quests are so annoying. If I knew you wouldn't be punished for it they'd all get ignored all day long.

What quests lead you down the pick a side stuff? Is there any point trying to do them all or is it one and done?