Ruki

You'd think, given that I'm recovering an artefact for the Brotherhood, from a Synth infested building where they aren't attacking me, that Deacon would be slightly suspicious of my alignment. 

15 hours ago, Gazz said:

You'd think, given that I'm recovering an artefact for the Brotherhood, from a Synth infested building where they aren't attacking me, that Deacon would be slightly suspicious of my alignment. 

That reminds me. I got a quest where I had to clear out all the G1 synths so I could transport this one synth for the railroad. So I get there and instead of attacking they are all "Yo what up dude you're cool". So can I not do the mission since I m in like every faction? Or will it still work if I murder the equivalent of a room full of robot kittens?

Full disclosure I exploded one of their heads with a shotgun before I figured all of this out. They were surprisingly ok with it 

Swan isn't too hard as long as you have power armor (unless you're an unarmed build, as power armor prevents you from using things like power fists, hampering your damage output significantly). With a companion to distract him he's even less of a struggle.

I have two suits of Power Armour, but I don't use them. I wanna make 'em nice and shmick first. Mind you I will be using my piezo-whatever-it-was from that facility I got trapped in as I just found the man who took my son and am doing that quest.

12 hours ago, Funny name or something... said:

That reminds me. I got a quest where I had to clear out all the G1 synths so I could transport this one synth for the railroad. So I get there and instead of attacking they are all "Yo what up dude you're cool". So can I not do the mission since I m in like every faction? Or will it still work if I murder the equivalent of a room full of robot kittens?

Full disclosure I exploded one of their heads with a shotgun before I figured all of this out. They were surprisingly ok with it 

If a mission is going to make it so you can't work with a certain faction, the game tells you with a pop-up before you act.

Edited by Toe

My biggest (only?) issue with this game is the fact I can walk into the Prydwyn with either Nick Valentine or Strong and nobody bats an eyelid. The Brotherhood of Steel should be throwing me off the damn plane at the very sight of them, but nothing.

At the very least I should get dragged to a room and severely questioned about my decisions, but it would be quite nice if my companion went "uh, maybe you should take someone else, I'm just gonna pop over to Sanctuary and wait for you". It's a shame and does impact my enjoyment a bit but yeah, just felt like getting that off my chest :)

9 hours ago, TMM said:

My biggest (only?) issue with this game is the fact I can walk into the Prydwyn with either Nick Valentine or Strong and nobody bats an eyelid. The Brotherhood of Steel should be throwing me off the damn plane at the very sight of them, but nothing.

At the very least I should get dragged to a room and severely questioned about my decisions, but it would be quite nice if my companion went "uh, maybe you should take someone else, I'm just gonna pop over to Sanctuary and wait for you". It's a shame and does impact my enjoyment a bit but yeah, just felt like getting that off my chest :)

Spoiler

Try taking X6-88 into Railroad HQ... :shifty:

That really threw me off when I did that because...

Spoiler

When Danse gets expelled from the Brotherhood the game tells you that you will be an enemy of the BoS while he is your companion. I got no such thing from X6-88 so I was quite surprised when I showed up at the Railroad with him and everyone was trying to murder me.

Spoiler

So I blew up the Institute with the Minutemen!  Apparently I skipped a bunch of stuff in the main story by doing that, because I'm still part of BoS, Danse never got kicked out or anything... Only thing that I can't do now is get to the Railroad, mainly because I have no idea where they are... Do they movelocations?

Picked up Fallout 4 a few days ago and I'm loving it after being ambivalent about 3 and New Vegas.

What's the deal with all these factions though? Can I join them all or just one? Or is there a choke-point where I'm forced to side with one over the rest of them? 

5 minutes ago, Jake O. Rhodes said:

Picked up Fallout 4 a few days ago and I'm loving it after being ambivalent about 3 and New Vegas.

What's the deal with all these factions though? Can I join them all or just one? Or is there a choke-point where I'm forced to side with one over the rest of them? 

I am in all of them right now. But I assume later you have to choose