Ruki

So I started an LP. Featuring cheesy jokes, adventure, and showing what's in that hole that one Deathclaw came out from

8 hours ago, Funny name or something... said:

Is the battle of bunker hill where I have to choose a side?

Nah, I literately watched the whole chaos between the Institute/Railroad/Brotherhood unfold.... you can just stand in the middle of the gunfire and nobody will bat an eyelid to you.

On 1/10/2016 at 05:07, Lemmy B said:

Nah, I literately watched the whole chaos between the Institute/Railroad/Brotherhood unfold.... you can just stand in the middle of the gunfire and nobody will bat an eyelid to you.

I was actively fighting against the Brotherhood and the Institute during the Batttle Of Bunker Hill and neither of them turned against me.

Spoiler

You have to pass a speech check with your father after the mission though if you don't want the Institute to turn hostile. And the Brotherhood didn't turn hostile for me until I did the Institute quest in which you have to finde some kind of item to make their new reactor work.

25 minutes ago, Ziggy Srardust said:

That's the end? :( Was a little out of the blue. Didn't expect that to be the last quest

I had the exact same reaction. I expected something like New Vegas or Fallout 3, where it tells you a little about all the factions.

Anyone else side with the Institute? Spoiler is for the final quest

Spoiler

I ran up to the explosion right after hoping to steal Maxxon's power armor and in an incredibly morbid moment I kept getting 13Xp at a time as people burned to death. Also Shaun died and that made me so sad :( 

12 hours ago, Ziggy Srardust said:

Anyone else side with the Institute? Spoiler is for the final quest

Hide contents

I ran up to the explosion right after hoping to steal Maxxon's power armor and in an incredibly morbid moment I kept getting 13Xp at a time as people burned to death. Also Shaun died and that made me so sad :( 

Spoiler

What does Nick say about the Institute winning? He started talking to me when I did an Institute win but it glitched on me

19 hours ago, Ziggy Srardust said:

I'll play again soon though I bet. I started a melee character and beating everyone with a tire iron was oddly satisfying 

There are some great perks for melee that break the game basically - the one where you take less damage and deal more standing still and the one where you take less damage while sprinting. Then you basically just zip your next target, stand still and murder them before heading to the next.

Question re The Molecular Level quest.

Spoiler

Am I permanently aligned with whoever I chose to help me build the teleporter or does it really matter?

Also after the last quest, without spoilers is that the end of the game or can you continue on after?

On 1/14/2016 at 08:30, apsham said:

There are some great perks for melee that break the game basically - the one where you take less damage and deal more standing still and the one where you take less damage while sprinting. Then you basically just zip your next target, stand still and murder them before heading to the next.

The Agi 9 perk is also amazing for melee, as you get more VATS range. It can get to the point where you're basically Nightcrawler.