Tennis!

sahyder1

Lisicki's about to throw this away if she doesn't get her head back in the game.

Sabine pissed that away in about 5 minutes, and Kerber seems like an insufferable bitch. What a downer.

Edited by naiwf

Gutted for Lisicki but I had a feeling from Game #1 that Kerber would win that battle.

Annoying that they've pulled Radwanska vs Kirilenko for the day halfway through the deciding set. Not ideal for the winner of that one heading into the Kerber semi-final on Thursday. Hopefully Azarenka can wrap up a win over Paszek routinely enough tonight.

For the record its Federer vs Youzhny followed by Ferrer vs Murray on Centre tomorrow, should be a cracking Quarter Final day.

It doesn't really matter what happens with Radwanska/Kirilenko. The person who advances to the final in the top half will lose in less than an hour to either Azarenka or Serena. Kerber was gift wrapped the victory when Lisicki choked harder than she did, and the other two have powder puff serves which will be destroyed by the "big babe tennis" that Vika and Serena play. They certainly won't be more nervous than someone who has never made it to a GS Final before, and they could probably play their "C" game and still dominate someone like Radwanska who has no real weapons.

So they say it seems they ARE going to move Radwanska vs Kirilenko onto Centre to end the night and complete all of the matches for the day? They deserve commending for that if so, with that and shifting Azarenka over considering all the criticism they got for not putting anything on after Djokovic finished at 7pm yesterday.

Paszek put up a good fight in that second set but Azarenka wins out in the end, looking forward to seeing if she can stop the freight train that is Serena Williams.

That sounds about right, bloody posh rich people.

Has anyone here been to Wimbledon at all? I've not been since I was about 13 or so (registered a 80mph serve in the kids area too (H) ) but I'd quite like to go back, think I may try next year, unfortunately it's a long trek and I'd have to find someone to go with but I think I'd really enjoy it should the weather be alright. Either opening day or perhaps Manic Monday. Roland Garros is usually around my birthday too so I'd like to go there some day too.

I was discussing going to Wimbledon for my 'holiday' next summer, think it'd be great. Certain;y better than getting drowned in mud at Donington Park.

Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic through with not a single ounce of a problem, they face each other on Friday. David Ferrer has just kicked off his QF with Andy Murray, hopefully Muzza can book his place in the semis too!

Edited by AdamDRFC

Murray isn't playing aggressive enough, he isn't taking the ball on. He's just sitting on the baseline too often expecting miracles. Ferrer isn't making errors and it doesn't look like he's going to start making them any time soon. The better man with the better gameplan is winning this match.