Tennis!

sahyder1

33 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Watching this on BBC every year is annoying as fuck. It seems 10mins doesn't go by without a switch of channel needed or a "press the red button now to keep watching". Must be a right ball-ache trying to record a full match to watch on delay.

During an absolutely crucial stage of Konta/Garcia earlier, when Konta ridiculously lost a break of serve on an umpire decision not to replay a challenged point, locked at 5-6 in the set, they elected to switch over to Kerber/Muguruza...who were trucking along at 3-4 on serve in their deciding set. Why? Konta is the British #1 and it was a critical point in the set. Infuriating.

Great win for Konta, she is showing real fortitude, resilience and guts to come through the rounds and she is a real contender. Halep is a mammoth challenge next but if she can get through that, she has to be the favourite for the title. Murray looked really solid too, and his side of the draw has opened up further. Querrey will be a tough match but not one he should massively struggle with. I expect Nadal to win this one here but Muller has done really well.

I'm 4/8 on my projected QF in the women's unfortunately but it has been a wide open tournament.

1 hour ago, Paul Scholes! said:

Murray won in straight sets, but Nadal might be in trouble! He's two sets down to Luxembourg's Giles Muller, but leads 4-2 in the third.

5-5 in the final set!

4 minutes ago, Cherrycode Bang said:

This Muller/Nadal match is so good to watch.

The tension is killing me. I want Rafa to win for old times sake but I wouldn't mind seeing Muller get through. 

2 minutes ago, Cherrycode Bang said:

I really want Muller to win, I think he's been so much better this last set.

Right now I just want to see how long this match can go on for. 

2 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Nadal would have reached top spot in the world rankings if he had reached the final. He'll still probably get there at some point in the near future, though.

I wouldn't be so sure about that to be honest.

That was just an incredible match, one of the classics. Muller played brilliantly and his face the moment he won said it all about his demeanour. He kept cool, calm and just on a level and it got him through in the end. A worse player than Nadal would have been beaten ages ago by Muller playing that well. Full credit to both players for a brilliant show.

Djokovic won't be happy, he's a day behind everyone else now. Got to say the scheduling today overall has been bizarre.

4 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Was there anything on Centre while the back end of the Nadal match was going on? They should've moved Djok there if not. Won't he need to play two days in a row now? 

He will indeed. Not sure if anything was on Centre at the time but if there was, it will have been doubles or something because Federer finished hours ago.

1 hour ago, Rooney! said:

Djokovic is through in routine fashion. Some right divots in the grass on centre court though!

I have Muguruza, Ostapenko, Konta and Vandeweghe to win today, Ostapenko v Venus about to start and Muguruza is a set up on Kuznetsova.

1 out 2 thus far, Williams beat Ostapenko in straight sets, but Muguruza overcame Kuznetsova with relative ease too. Vandeweghe lost the first set to Rybarikova before play was suspended in the second.

Hoping Konta comes through on Centre court but Halep will be looking to redeem herself after the French Open.

• Like 1

I keep thinking that Konta will finally become unstuck and she looked in trouble at the start but has come back really well.

She is my new crush although she will never dethrone Martina Hingis.