Tennis!

sahyder1

5 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Murray at least has the luxury of being able to work a lighter schedule now, having met the relevant ATP criteria. We're now seeing how much of an advantage that's giving Federer when he's up against a field of exhausted players.

How does this work? Is it to do with Protected Rankings?

12 minutes ago, Adam said:

How does this work? Is it to do with Protected Rankings?

Players over the age of 30 who have played more than 600 matches and completed twelve years on the ATP circuit are exempt from having to compete in a minimum number of tournaments each season. Murray now fulfils those criteria, so he wouldn't be fined for not competing in tournaments when he's considered medically capable of doing so. From now on, like Federer, he should be able to pick and choose his schedule more freely.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

He'll need to beat Karlovic or Seppi before the quarters. That would be a great achievement.

My TV is a bit shit and I couldn't figure out why Edmund was using the St George Cross <_<

I'd love a Kyriagos vs Edmund final.